Honored Contributor

OK, people, let's have no discrimination of 3X and 4X women.  If QVC sells the size, they should show it modeled.  As a 1X-2X, who feels downright average now days, we should be accepting of all.  There is one larger model on Evine, but I'm not sure what size she is.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think they have a true petite-size model--in height.  A lot of petite buyers are closer to 5' than to 5' 4".    Also, not enough petite clothing available.

Honored Contributor

That's not going to happen but I've noticed that QVC does have real plus size nodels now.  A  couple look like they are a 2X.  Not too long ago, the plus size models were size L or XL.     

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

If QVC sells that size that would be great if they had a model for it. Is there a huge difference between a 2x model and a 3x model if you want to get a general idea of how it fits?

No, there isn't a big difference at all.  I've been shopping with QVC since I was a 3X and there were no plus size models way back in those days.  I didn't have to see a carbon copy of my size to envision how something would look on me.  I knew my figure so I could judge what would work for me and what wouldn't.  Now I am a L, sometimes XL and I do the same thing.  There are models my size now but they tend to be tall and I'm not.   

Regular Contributor

I am happy to see the plus size models represented on QVC.  However, it would be nice to see them in apparel that accommodates their size. When I see them wear pants that look like they have been squeezed into a size too small/tight just to display the item, it's kind of a disservice to them and the designer. Is the stylist working on her own or with the models scheduled to work that show. I used to see the model Stacy, who is very tall with long limbs, model a lot of Logo items that did not do her justice or the item. I understand that QVC is in the business of sales, but at what cost. I am a small, sometimes petite, but I would not ask my plus size friends to consider some of these styles/sizes because they really will not work for them. I think QVC can do better with plus size representation. Just my opinion.