As a size 3-4x shopper, I would like to see more plus size models this size and petite height!
Honored Contributor

Are there models that size?  I would think there are specialty catalogues for that.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Are there models that size?  I would think there are specialty catalogues for that.

QVC carries those sizes in some of the fashions.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@TNTdynamite wrote:
As a size 3-4x shopper, I would like to see more plus size models this size and petite height!

@TNTdynamite   I don't think there are many models that size.  Catalogs, etc., don't want models that large.  I've seen plus sized models interviewed in magazines discussing that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

QVC stuffs it's models into clothing that's too tight, even for  medium size.  On a plus size 3. or 4X model,  it would be downright scary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure there are any.  Clothing that are in ads say Plus Size, but you will see size16 & 18 and that is not plus size.  QVC 's new batch of models are the heaviest they've ever shown, but sill no where close to plus size. Tess Holiday is a true plus size and currently weigh 306 lbs. But she is not taken seriously. They show her more for shock value.  They would rather show Ashely Graham who was a 16.  She has since lost weight and is now a size 12 or 14.  So I don't honestly think so.  So far people talk about it, when it comes down to having models that size, they either call up Tess Holiday or chicken out. Tess by the way is unusual in that her face is very thin.

Honored Contributor

If QVC sells that size that would be great if they had a model for it. Is there a huge difference between a 2x model and a 3x model if you want to get a general idea of how it fits?

Honored Contributor

I am sure there are many petite plus size ladies out there.  QVC sells those sizes and I think it is appropriate for them to secure a model who wears a petite plus size.

Christopher and Banks sells petite plus clothing and they often have models who are that size in their fashion shows.  They even recruit their regular customers of every size to model for them.

QVC has tall models who look fabulous in almost everything, but how many women are actually that tall?  It would be nice if all sizes and categories are represented from time to time.

Super Contributor

I believe I have seen D&C offering up to 6X.  Might just be a few items or might be the entire line - I am not sure.

Respected Contributor

I'm a 3x and it would be nice to see a model that size but it won't happen. Sales go down when models above a 1X are shown, in print, online, or on TV. Clothes can be made for us but apparently we aren't supposed to be seen wearing it.

Your best bet is to go on YouTube or Instagram and search for plus size influencers. There are quite a few who are 2X and up, and make videos modeling what clothes will look on larger bodies, and some go in length about what works and what doesn't. I've found some of those ladies to be very helpful, even if they don't share my style, or I don't shop where they do.