Occasional Contributor

MY WISH IS THAT DECISION MAKERS AT QVC READ THIS.

Jayne Brown is hands-down QVC's best host because she speaks in a normal, modulated tone of voice, she is relaxed, respectful of the vendor and anyone else who is working with her, explains the item presented with all of its salient points to educate and inform the viewer, does not try to eclipse the product or the vendor with drama or by inserting herself for her "best closeup." In essence, Jayne does not perform. She presents. Amen!

Give Jayne more air time and push the egoists off the air. I think you know who they are. These people are not entertaining. They are exhausting.

Contributor

I appreciate the comment that Jayne presents not performs. There is a vast difference and easy to tell which camp the hosts fall into.  I appreciate when hosts simply present products in a reasonable voice, with reasonable excitment, and realize the product is the star not them.  Jayne is a great host. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: #1 QVC HOST

[ Edited ]

I also love Jayne; she's professional, appropriate, and has a giggle that cracks me up when I hear it....there are a few that I will not mention that are an instant click for me no matter what they are selling.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

All well and good, but you seem to be suggesting  custom-made programming per your likes and dislikes.  So, if you watch Q for a specific number of hours per day, Jayne should be required to work "said" number of hours?  Would you, the Q and Jayne have to sit down and work out a schedule? How would that work out for thousands of other viewers who have their own preferences?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Jacrog  I love Jayne as well. I see her only when she's presenting food, kitchen or home decor products. She is usually knowledgeable about the products, and when she doesn't have first-hand knowledge, she asks good questions and gives great prompts.. She is one of a few hosts I thoroughly enjoy.

Super Contributor

Mary Beth is very watchable as well 

Esteemed Contributor

I just posted something similar on another forum.......love Jayne!!

Valued Contributor
I have to disagree. Pat James is a very knowledgeable prepared host. Mary Beth is another. Although Jayne is good IMO she isn't the best
Honored Contributor

It's the same with Pat and Mary Beth.  They are "old school" and they don't see themselves as entertainers or celebrities.  They relate to the customers and know what we need to make a decision.  But that's not where the shopping channel industry is now and certainly is not the future.  Younger shoppers want to be entertained, they want excitement, variety, shows that move quickly.  They also multitask.  

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

All well and good, but you seem to be suggesting  custom-made programming per your likes and dislikes.  So, if you watch Q for a specific number of hours per day, Jayne should be required to work "said" number of hours?  Would you, the Q and Jayne have to sit down and work out a schedule? How would that work out for thousands of other viewers who have their own preferences?

@RoughDraft    I don't think the OP is suggesting any such thing.   She mentions Jayne is an excellent host and why.  Neither schedules nor preferences were mentioned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment