Honored Contributor

Re: Week Nine of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

Not the best game for the Eagles, but a win is a win. DC Jonathan Gannon reverted back to his more scared state, but the team overcame the coaching and won. We're now 8-0 with a mini-bye before taking on Washington next week.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Javon Hargrave, Dallas Goedert, and Jalen Hurts all had good games last night. The rest of the team, eh not as good. Still, a win is a win. This is the first time the Eagles ever started a season at 8-0. 

It's good to win a game by twelve when you didn't play very well overall. The Eagles need to clean up lots of odds and ends before we play more competitive teams though. Getting the run defense fixed should be a very high priority. Their rookie RB is good, but we made him look great. That needs to be fixed and fixed fast. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was obvious that the Eagles were missing Jordan Davis. He won't be back for a few weeks, so they need to figure something out. 

The Texans found a gem in Dameon Pierce. He ran all over the Eagles. With Brandin Cooks' situation in limbo, Pierce is the top player. 

It was a win, but the Eagles weren't their best. They will face better teams than Houston, who they struggled against. This was one of the better Thursday night games, and I'm glad that the Texans didn't just roll over. They actually came to play. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Eagles can expect every team they play to come out breathing fire from here on. Matching that intensity will be important for them.

Jordan Davis may be back for the Titans game, which would be good. We'll need him to slow down their running game. Jonathan Gannon can also be a bit more aggressive in run blitzes and scheme fits.

Pierce ran for 5.1 yards per carry. You can't let that happen. If you don't stop that, you'll lose a lot of games. Gannon is laser-focused on stopping the big plays and tends to play soft on defense to stop those plays, but if a team gets five yards per carry, they don't need the big plays. They can just run the ball down your throat. He needs to coach with more aggression.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Oft-injured Saints WR Michael Thomas is injured again and will miss the rest of the season for toe surgery. He's becoming the new DeSean Jackson with the injury bug. And speaking of DeSean Jackson, what's happened to him since signing with the Ravens? No stats? None? Not any? He's been there over two weeks now. He should be fitting in. A pass route is a pass route is a pass route. WRs can generally fit in pretty quickly on a new team. He's done nothing? His strength is down the field speed and tracking the ball. You just unleash that as much as anything."Run that way as fast as you can and find the ball" is pretty much all he needs to hear. His ball-tracking skills have always been amazing. Throw it down the field as far and as high as you can, and he'll find it and catch it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

DeSean Jackson has been on the Ravens' practice squad. With the injury to Rashod Bateman, Jackson is expected to play Monday night. 

Nyheim Hines spoke to the media recently. He likes being in Buffalo, and had wanted off the Colts team for awhile.

Hines is on a playoff contending team, has Josh Allen as QB along with several offense weapons, has a great fan base, what's not to like? I hope that he does well. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

we REALLY needed another wide receiver before the trade deadline.

bateman is out until next season. after this second year of injury is he worth keeping?

it is looking more and more like desean jackson will be playing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I was surprised they didn't dust off DeSean and throw him out there right away. I thought DeSean and John Harbaugh had spent time together as Eagles, but no. Harbaugh left in 2007 and Jackson came in 2008, so there's no overlap there.

I'm pretty sure Harbaugh reached out to Andy Reid for feedback on Jackson before the Ravens signed him. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he hits the field. Typically, he's a home run hitter in his first game with a new team. A long seventy or eighty-yard TD pass is the norm in his first game with a new team. Then just as you start to expect that, he gets injured or disappears for a while. A very talented guy, but he has some demons.

I'll probably get the Vikings/Commanders game early tomorrow since the Eagles don't play and the Cowboys and Giants are on their byes. The Bills and Jets may be the alternate early game. The Bills/Jets could be a pretty good game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Early games in my area: Indy at NE (CBS), Green Bay at Detroit (FOX)

Late afternoon L.A. Rams at Tampa (CBS) 

Tennesee at Kansas City SNF. 

Jonathan Taylor and CB Grant Stuard are out. Deon Jackson will take the reins at RB, Phillip Lindsay and Jordan Wilkins (signed off the Washington practice squad) will also be officiated into the game plan. 

Kwity Paye, after missing last week, is back. 

I read that the Astros won the World Series. It was a good run for the Phillies, just a bit short. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

It's game day! A stress-free one for Eagles fans after Thursday's game. It seems like we should be playing again though, we now have to wait until next Monday night for a game. My internal schedule is all messed up. We had the bye, then two games in four days, and now eleven days without a game.

My early games today are the Commanders/Vikings and the Bills/Jets. The 4:30 game is the Rams/Bucs. You don't want to be the loser of the Rams/Bucs game. Neither team is playing all that well and whoever loses is in jeopardy of missing the playoffs completely. And we end tonight with the Titans/Chiefs. Not a bad schedule of games.

OBJ is in big demand these days as teams look to bulk up for the postseason. His suitors include Buffalo, Dallas, the Giants, Rams, Packers, and Chiefs. OBJ wants a multi-year deal likely in the $25 million a year neighborhood, so we'll have to see if there are any takers at that price point. I thought it would have been funny for Dallas to trade to get back Amari Cooper. Alas, it didn't happen. He'd have solved their WR issues though. 

So, a whole Sunday and Monday of no Eagles game. Then another Thursday and Sunday without an Eagles game until we finally play next Monday night. That just feels wrong. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!