Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

@teganslaw Hi again! It was so nice of you to remember me over in the Jeopardy thread!😉 I have not posted here in ages! So you must be very hopeful about Sam Ehlinger...I thought he looked very good in the game yesterday. Too bad that Matt Ryan did not work out but I thought his gracious attitude about it all was so classy! And I hope that Frank Reich can keep his job. Thanks again for asking about me!!!😊

And @Spurt you must be thrilled about Taylor Heinicke! You might remember that I grew up in the Washington area...my best friend still lives in Bethesda and I just talked to her last night after the game. She says the whole Washington area is so excited with both Heinicke and the prospect of seeing what rookie Sam Howell can do! She says no one there wants or expects Wentz to play any more this season. He just did not catch on with either the fans or the players. It's too bad but it seems the only one who was enthusiastic about Wentz was Dan Snyder. And everyone there is hoping that Snyder will be pushed out soon!😉

@sunshine45 The Ravens are looking good! They are my "AFC" team!!!😊

And @gardenman ...wow, what a fall it is here in the Philly area!!! Jalen Hurts is being talked about as the MVP candidate...and rightly so!!! We have found our franchise QB!!!😊 And the Phillies are amazing!!!

I had posted over on a thread about Jeopardy and teganslaw posted there and asked if I was the same person who used to post here! So I wanted to come over and just say "Hi" to everyone!!!😊 I will drop in every now and then!!!😉 Enjoy the rest of the season!!!😊 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The game down to the last minutes. The Commanders came from behind to win 17-16. Heinicke threw a long pass to McLaurin and scored the touchdown to tie, then won on the extra point. 

Both quarterbacks had a slow start but offenses got going in the second half. The Colts had a couple long runs that would have scored, but were called back on holding calls. Several sacks and penalties invalidating scoring drives were parts of the game. Congrats to Washington! Although it didn't end as I would have liked, the game was entertaining.

@teganslaw 

Thank you! WOW!!! What a game, a hard fought one by both teams.  I thought for sure my Washington team was done....I was on a You Tube Channel with other Washington fans and everyone was SCREAMING in chat for OC Turner to get the ball to Terry and he FINALLY listened to us!!!  

They even gave kudos to Heinicke on GMFB and said that he just elevates the play of the team, they have confidence in him, and you can tell the difference...They gave him special recognition..He is very well liked by his teammates..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

wooohoooo @Spurt the commanders did it! it was a good game to watch and they really managed the clock well at the end and did their job.

@gardenman  thank the eagles for me for beating the steelers.....every little bit helps! Smiley Very Happy

@sunshine45 

Thanks Washington managed to pull off what they needed to do, and pulled the game out by the skin of their teeth.....WHEW!!!   

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowBeetle 

Hello and nice to see you again!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Thursday will be a complicated night for Philadelphia sports fans. With tonight's World Series game rained out, the Phillies will now be playing Thursday night along with the Eagles. Lots of TVs will be getting moved so there are two side by side so nothing gets missed. 

Less than 24 hours now until the trading deadline. I still expect a few more moves, but we'll have to see. Teams with guys they want to move are likely trying for the best possible deal. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow. 

The Eagles cut WR Deon Cain from their practice squad who had a good preseason. I'm guessing that's because they brought back Greg Ward. Ward is now the veteran insurance at WR. They replaced Cain with CB Javelin Guidry. If nothing else his name sounds fast. He reportedly ran a 4.29 forty before he was drafted a few years back.

The Lions have figured out their defense is horrible and have fired DB coach Aubrey Pleasant. Probably not the only defensive coach they'll flush before next season. That defense is a mess. 

@gardenman 

I remember one time during the Redskin's Joe Gibbs era....the same thing happened, the Yankees were in the World Series back in 1981 (Dodgers vs Yankees), and the Giants were playing football that same date.....And some fans even brought battery powered TVs to watch the game--(technology was primitive back then-the internet was only in its early stages)...The Giants big screen was showing parts of the baseball game, the players, Bill Parcells, and Joe Gibbs were all confused because the fans would cheer, but not for what was going on at the football field it was not for the Giants, it was cheers for the Yankees playing the away game. The Yankees ended up losing the World Series to the Dodgers...

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle 

I DEFINITELY want Snyder GONE!!! And hopefully if we are lucky enough to get a new owner, I hope we get a new nickname too...!!!!  I think Wentz is the most talented QB weve had in awhile, I just think there are a lot of underlying issues involving Wentz----McLaurin sat out a while awaiting new contract lead to delays in establishing a connection, some of the offensive players getting hurt, our LOUSY o-line, and Scott Turner's offense---YUCCK!!!

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle 

so nice to see you around! hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy

my ravens thank you for your support. HeartSmiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle 

I DEFINITELY want Snyder GONE!!! And hopefully if we are lucky enough to get a new owner, I hope we get a new nickname too...!!!!  I think Wentz is the most talented QB weve had in awhile, I just think there are a lot of underlying issues involving Wentz----McLaurin sat out a while awaiting new contract lead to delays in establishing a connection, some of the offensive players getting hurt, our LOUSY o-line, and Scott Turner's offense---YUCCK!!!

@Spurt I think even Tanya Snyder probably wants Dan gone!!!😉 I loved what Jim Irsay said about him...if only they can get 24 owners to agree to boot Snyder out!!!😉

And poor Wentz just has not been able to make it work in Washington for all the reasons you mentioned. My friend said the thinking there is that Wentz definitely will not be back next season...and most think he is done for this season too. She said there was a highly respected local poll taken last week where 80% said they did not want Wentz to play another snap ever in DC. Ouch!!!😉 

But Terry McLaurin and Heinicke seem to have a real bond and trust factor...it  certainly showed up in these last two games!😊

And I agree that hopefully a new owner will come up with a new nickname!😉 

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@yellowBeetle 

so nice to see you around! hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy

my ravens thank you for your support. HeartSmiley Wink

@sunshine45  Thanks so much! I have not been on these forums too much lately....I am a "political junkie" and have been doing my posting on other sites!😉

Our family loves your Ravens too😉...in fact our son is a bigger fan of the Ravens than of the Eagles!!!😉 Best wishes for a great rest of the season!!!👍

Honored Contributor

Wow! The Browns spanked the Bengals last night. I didn't expect that. The win keeps the Browns somewhat alive in the playoff hunt still. They've got three tough games coming up with the Dolphins, Bills, and Bucs, but get a couple of wins in those three games and they're right back in this thing. Lose two or three and the hole might be too deep to crawl out of. 

It's trade deadline day! Will we see a flurry of trades? A few trades? One trade? Or no trades? God only knows. I wouldn't be shocked to see Eagles' backup left tackle Andre Dillard get moved. He'll be an unrestricted free agent after the year, so getting something for him makes some sense. He's a good, solid starting-caliber left tackle. There aren't a lot of guys like that floating around and available. 

Word is the Eagles are still shopping for a spare RB. Kareem Hunt is the name you keep hearing along with Alvin Kamara. Eh, we'll have to see if anything happens there. 

The NFL trade deadline often passes without much happening. Sometimes you get a surprise or two. As a rule, it's not all that exciting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!