Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

@gardenman wrote:

The Eagles bullied the Steelers 35-13. AJ Brown is a beast. Three TDs today.

I raced home for this game. We are a divided household here. I'm Switzerland - LOL!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

dj moore and the panthers blew it BIG TIME!

just got home in time to see that.......

what a stupid thing to do after you got that amazing touchdown.

dont celebrate until you get the W!

they deserved to lose!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The game down to the last minutes. The Commanders came from behind to win 17-16. Heinicke threw a long pass to McLaurin and scored the touchdown to tie, then won on the extra point. 

Both quarterbacks had a slow start but offenses got going in the second half. The Colts had a couple long runs that would have scored, but were called back on holding calls. Several sacks and penalties invalidating scoring drives were parts of the game. Congrats to Washington! Although it didn't end as I would have liked, the game was entertaining.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

wooohoooo @Spurt the commanders did it! it was a good game to watch and they really managed the clock well at the end and did their job.

@gardenman  thank the eagles for me for beating the steelers.....every little bit helps! Smiley Very Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

One more game tonight, the Bengals/Browns, and week eight will be in the books. It's been an interesting week.

The Raiders rolled over and played dead, scoring zero points against the Saints. The Josh McDaniels hiring doesn't seem to have worked out quite the way the Raiders were hoping it would. They've gone from a playoff team to a team vying for the first overall pick in the draft despite adding to an already talented roster. He is the new coach most likely not to make it to next year.

The Giants slipped and failed to come from behind to win a game falling to 6-2 and now tied with the Cowboys. The Cowboys have found new life and hammered the Bears. Who somehow ran for 240 yards, but still lost by twenty. That's hard to do.

The Commanders have moved into a tie with the Niners for the last wildcard slot. They largely control their playoff destiny for now. A couple of tough games with the Vikings/Eagles coming up then a couple of breather games with the Texans and Falcons. Then it's playoff push time with games against the Giants (twice,) Niners, Browns, and Cowboys. Sweep the Giants and get past the Niners, and the Commanders are likely in the playoffs. Once you're in, anything can happen. It's the getting in part that's hard.

The Eagles came out of yesterday's game a little dinged with nose tackle Jordan Davis having a high ankle sprain. That's typically a 4-6 week injury. Not ideal, but better now than later. 

The Eagles' trade for AJ Brown is looking great. He's just a beast on the football field. He just goes up and takes the balls from defenders. He'll look covered and you're like, "No! Don't throw the ball there!" and then he just goes up and gets the ball. Touchdown! Amazing! 

Each of the Eastern divisions, The AFC East and NFC East could dominate the playoff slots this year. Each could see all four teams sneak into the playoffs. Each should see three teams make it. (Barring late season collapses.) 

The Lions somehow have the first overall pick in the draft right now despite being among the highest-scoring teams in the league. They've also given up more points than any other team in the league though. The Texans are regretting that early season tie that stole the first-overall pick from them. The Lions seriously need to bolster that defense somehow. I'm not sure there's a defender worthy of the first overall pick in 2023, but there will be teams that seriously want that pick from them (or whoever ends up with it) and the Lions could rebuild their defense pretty quickly with the picks/players they'd get for a high first-round pick.

In the NFC, the Panthers and Lions are the only teams really out of the playoff picture at this point. It's not impossible for them to rally, but it's unlikely. In the AFC, the Texans, Raiders, Jaguars, Browns, and Steelers are likely out of the playoff picture. Of those teams, I think the Jags have the best chance to rally and make a run. They just need to build some confidence and momentum. They've got the talent, and they're competitive but keep finding ways to lose.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts shot themselves in the foot with mistakes, but I am encouraged with Ehlinger's debut. He hadn't thrown a pass in a regular game, yet he did well especially in the second half. He fumbled the ball early, but also threw some nice passes, and showed confidence. 

I had Terry McLaurin on one of my fantasy lineups, so he helped, even though the Colts lost because of him. Good and bad. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Ravens have traded for Roquan Smith from the Bears. They gave up a second and a fifth. No word on a contract extension which makes the price paid a bit high. Roquan is a free agent in 2023. The Ravens could tag him for a year or two at not an impossible number. He's a very good player.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Ravens have traded for Roquan Smith from the Bears. They gave up a second and a fifth. No word on a contract extension which makes the price paid a bit high. Roquan is a free agent in 2023. The Ravens could tag him for a year or two at not an impossible number. He's a very good player.

LOTS of happy fans in baltimore today......at least on social media pages!

they need to finish strong!

smith was owed $5.4 million for the rest of the season. chicago is paying him $4.8 and baltimore is paying $575K......at this point he is almost like a "rental." lol

Honored Contributor

well BROWNS fans......we are going to need a win tonight please!

Honored Contributor

Thursday will be a complicated night for Philadelphia sports fans. With tonight's World Series game rained out, the Phillies will now be playing Thursday night along with the Eagles. Lots of TVs will be getting moved so there are two side by side so nothing gets missed. 

Less than 24 hours now until the trading deadline. I still expect a few more moves, but we'll have to see. Teams with guys they want to move are likely trying for the best possible deal. We'll have to see what happens tomorrow. 

The Eagles cut WR Deon Cain from their practice squad who had a good preseason. I'm guessing that's because they brought back Greg Ward. Ward is now the veteran insurance at WR. They replaced Cain with CB Javelin Guidry. If nothing else his name sounds fast. He reportedly ran a 4.29 forty before he was drafted a few years back.

The Lions have figured out their defense is horrible and have fired DB coach Aubrey Pleasant. Probably not the only defensive coach they'll flush before next season. That defense is a mess. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!