Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for May 2024!!!

A report is out that the Colts are considering a trade for Miles Sanders. Jonathan Taylor is the main RB, but because of Taylor's past injury record, they could still use a reliable backup. 

How reliable would Sanders be? He had over 1,000 yards in '22, but wasn't effective in Carolina. I don't know if it was Sanders or the Panthers organization to blame. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

@Spurt - that is hilarious what you said about both Stephen Smith and Michael Irvin.  Sounds like Irvin is a bit full of himself.

I just read the other day that when Dak was interviewed he said it wasn't about the money - it was about playing the game.  Oh really??  I don't believe his b.s. for one second as why won't he just sign for whatever the Cowboys would want to pay him!

@gardenman  - rumblings out there that maybe Jason Kelce may end up unretiring this year.  Your thoughts?  I don't think it'll happen.  I think he'll be happy with his new gig in the booth.  Philly sports radio chats think the Eagles are not going to have a good year.  I take it all with a grain of salt and I say "wait and see".  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Miles Sanders is a good, solid RB. Top twenty in the league when healthy. He had a shoulder injury last year and that's not a good injury for a RB. Shane Steichen knows him well from their time together on the Eagles. His salary is the big issue in a trade. He's probably overpaid a bit now. The Panthers outbid everyone for him, but probably overpaid.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@PARedbird 

Never say never. It's hard walking away from something you love and are paid millions to do when you can still do it. Jason Kelce was still one of the best centers in football last year. He's got other commitments now though. He's signed with ESPN. His podcast is in negotiations with Amazon to be picked up by them. He just might be getting paid more not to play. The Eagles still have a reported $20+ million in cap space they might just be keeping fluid in case he decides to unretire. We'll have to see what happens. I don't anticipate him coming back, but you never know.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Dolphin's WR Jaylen Waddle got a new deal. Three years for $84.75 million. A middle ground between DeVonta Smith's $25 million a year and AJ Brown's $32 million a year. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @PARedbird 

There was some media conversation about the Eagle's new DC Vic Fango, the players talked about the change and how it's NO B.S. from Vic....A more no nonsense approach for sure!

Mike McCarthy talked about how "Trey Lance is close to  already being a master of  the Cowboy's system".....but perhaps it means the Cowboys system is just a bit too simple and uncomplicated...JMHO lol...Woman Wink

And the Cowboys don't sound happy about Micah "no contract" Parsons who is not at the Cowboy's OTA's, McCarthy doesn't sound at all happy calling it, "an opportunity that has been missed"......Of all the Cowboy players this is the guy they need the most, PAY THE MAN JERRY!....or on second thought, the rest of the NFC East applauds this decision....Woman Wink

More on the Brandon McManus case, if McManus's behavior was the result of alcohol he consumed on the team plane, the Jaguars are in real trouble, the NFL has a strict NO ALCOHOL policy on team planes and there are strict enforceable penalties attached to any violations....STAY TUNED!

MORE offseason trouble for the Chiefs.....This is something that makes my blood boil....Chiefs defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs turned himself into the Tuscaloosa County (Alabama) Jail on Thursday, a day after two misdemeanor warrants were filed against him. He was booked and released on $600 bond. Tuscaloosa police accuse Buggs of mistreating two dogs. A gray and white pit bull and a black rottweiler were found in a screened-in back porch rented by Buggs with no access to food or water, according to court documents. Both dogs appeared malnourished and neglected, and the residence appeared to be abandoned. The pit bull eventually was euthanized.

Buggs’ agent, Trey Robinson, has denied the charges and alleges his client is a victim of an ongoing “subversive campaign” to force the closure of the hookah lounge Buggs owns in Tuscaloosa--- excuse me what does not taking care of animals have to do with closure of a hookah lounge????? He couldn't hire someone to take care of the dogs?????

Poor Sam Howell is adjusting to his new role as a backup QB in Seattle after having endured horrific play calling by Eric Bienemy that resulted in 21 INTs, 2 lost fumbles and Whomping 65 sacks!!!.....Sam took responsibility for the turnovers and said he has learned from his mistakes. He also said Geno Smith has been a great mentor and is learning a lot from him. Washington fans are wishing Sam well and know where Sam's problems originated from....Even Chiefs players had not so kind words about EB---Shady MCoy said..."All Bienemy knows is arguing with players, he knows nothing about passing or play calling."...Mahomes also argued with EB on the sidelines....I think that's why Andy Reid got rid of him. At least it appears the Seahawks are showing some faith in Sam's abilities.....Geno and Sam are currently the only QB's on the roster.  Sam just needs some good coaching and can sit and learn and get ready for his next opportunity.....WISHING YOU THE BEST SAM!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The Eagles defensive players all light up when talking about Fangio. They love the guy. So far, anyway. That can all change down the road. 

The media were impressed by John Ross at yesterday's practice. He made some nice catches and showed off his speed. A good early preseason so far with no major issues popping up.  Some of the kids sagged a bit from last week, but that happens with kids. They'll look pretty good, then less good, then rebound and look pretty good. They're trying to absorb and process a ton of information, and at some point they get overloaded. That break between the OTAs and training camp helps them sort things out.

The Cowboys have cleverly alienated their three best players. Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons all want and deserve new deals, but JJ isn't handing them out just yet. I'm not sure how good the headspace is in that locker room these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Buggs said that the dogs don't belong to him. I don't care who is to blame, but there is no excuse for mistreating the animals. One of the dogs had to be put to sleep because of this.Woman Sad

SPURT, what is Washington doing about McManus? Are they waiting to see how everything plays out before they make a decision about him? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Buggs said that the dogs don't belong to him. I don't care who is to blame, but there is no excuse for mistreating the animals. One of the dogs had to be put to sleep because of this.Woman Sad

SPURT, what is Washington doing about McManus? Are they waiting to see how everything plays out before they make a decision about him? 

@teganslaw 

So very sad about the dogs..Man Sad..especially if one was in such poor condition it had to be euthanized--- thats just horrible! If it was Bugg's rental property he's responsible for what went on there....And even if the dogs weren't his and owned by a friend or business associate, it also shows the type of company Bugg's keeps, and says something about HIS character....NOT GOOD!

Washington for now is waiting on more info on the McManus suit....personally, with all that went on during the Snyder regime, I wouldn't wait I'd cut him NOW!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@gardenman - thanks for your opinion on the whole Jason Kelce thing.  Yes, never say never as you just don't know what could happen if someone on the Eagles is having talks with him.  Of course I'm sure his wife would have some input to him.

Hope Holly is doing well!  Hugs to her!!