Honored Contributor

Re: How's Your Baseball Team Doing

Yankees won their last two games. Whew............seems like the offense is back on track!! 

I was sorry to hear the news about John Farrel of the Red Sox. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I'm  glad this thread found it's way over to the sports forum! I'm a long suffering Mets fan. I am happy with the way they are playing but can't let myself be all in. I have been disappointed too many times. Hopefully this is their year.

Respected Contributor

Tigers were leading 5-0 last night.  DH and I took our dogs for a walk.  We come back in and the score is 10-5 REDS!!!  I have no idea what has happened to my beloved Tigers.  So sad

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm  glad this thread found it's way over to the sports forum! I'm a long suffering Mets fan. I am happy with the way they are playing but can't let myself be all in. I have been disappointed too many times. Hopefully this is their year.

Think positive- 'ya gotta believe'!!!  I'm going to Citifield Friday -  can't wait!!! Heart

Honored Contributor

The Yankees got spanked last night by the Astros, 15-1.  A position player, recruited to pitch, was by far the best pitcher of the night. Pathetic!! 

ibb, enjoy the game on Friday. Smiley Happy    Go  Mets!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Think positive- 'ya gotta believe'!!!  I'm going to Citifield Friday -  can't wait!!! Heart

I'll be hoping they win! Have a great time!

Honored Contributor

My Os are doing poorly right now......why did we pick NOW to have a slump? quite depressing, but our bats have been consistently silent the past  6+ games.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

My Os are doing poorly right now......why did we pick NOW to have a slump? quite depressing, but our bats have been consistently silent the past  6+ games.

sunshine, both our teams are doing poorly right now. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Justin Verlander was AWESOME last night!   One hit, two walks, CG, shutout.  Just like the old JV!!  

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

The Cubbies are doing great ;but in the end, they are the Cubbies.  If they were in any other division (except AL Central) they would be in first place.  But they are in the NL Central with the Cardinals who are always good and Pittsburgh who is doing very well this year.  Looks like the NL Wild Card game will be between Pittsburgh and the Cubs  but I will say it again - they are the Cubs so anything can happen.