Respected Contributor

Re: How's Your Baseball Team Doing

@Bridgegal wrote:

My Texas Rangers are staying just around .500 which is better than anyone expected.  Star pitcher, Darvish, out for the year and #2 pitcher out too.  Two more starting pitchers just came back.  Not out of the WC race yet but I don't think anyone is holding their breath on that one.  Maybe Hamels can make it happen.  

Here we are a month later and the Rangers are only 3 games out of first place in the division and sitting on a wild card spot. Who wudda thought?  Go Rangers, keep the hot streak going.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm  glad this thread found it's way over to the sports forum! I'm a long suffering Mets fan. I am happy with the way they are playing but can't let myself be all in. I have been disappointed too many times. Hopefully this is their year.

Think positive- 'ya gotta believe'!!!  I'm going to Citifield Friday -  can't wait!!! Heart

I'll be hoping they win! Have a great time!

It was a good game Friday, they fought until the last out.  The Mets struggled against the Red Sox all weekend- at least they won on Sunday.I couldn't believe the amount of Massachusetts cars in the parking lot- TONS of Red Sox fans!

Best of all, I finally found 'my brick' in the fanwalk. Very exciting to see my name permanently etched at  Citifield!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm  glad this thread found it's way over to the sports forum! I'm a long suffering Mets fan. I am happy with the way they are playing but can't let myself be all in. I have been disappointed too many times. Hopefully this is their year.

Think positive- 'ya gotta believe'!!!  I'm going to Citifield Friday -  can't wait!!! Heart

It was a good game Friday, they fought until the last out.  The Mets struggled against the Red Sox all weekend- at least they won on Sunday.I couldn't believe the amount of Massachusetts cars in the parking lot- TONS of Red Sox fans!

Best of all, I finally found 'my brick' in the fanwalk. Very exciting to see my name permanently etched at  Citifield!

I'm glad you enjoyed the game anyway. I'm not familiar with the fanwalk, what is that? That must be very nice to see your name at Citifield!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm glad you enjoyed the game anyway. I'm not familiar with the fanwalk, what is that? That must be very nice to see your name at Citifield!

When Citifield was being built they allowed fans to  personally imprint bricks for the walkway circling the stadium. The money paid goes to the Mets  Foundation  - which assists a variety of local charities. I passed on it the first year but when they offered it again the final year of construction....  it was meant to be!!

Honored Contributor

So my Mets 61/2 lead over the Nationals is now 4 games! I'm having flashbacks from the 2007 collapse. I'm on the ledge ready to jump, someone pull me back in!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

So my Mets 61/2 lead over the Nationals is now 4 games! I'm having flashbacks from the 2007 collapse. I'm on the ledge ready to jump, someone pull me back in!

I'm planning on seeing them play the Nats the 1st week of Oct-  I originally thought whoever is 1st in the NL East would ae been determined by then.  Maybe not though!

The 2007 collapse was painful, I was at a lot of the games the last  few weeks of the season.  The Mets certainly do keep our blood flowing!!

Honored Contributor

I'm watching the Mets Nats game and oh the pain! Jonathon Niese is just god awful. They keep playing like this the Mets won't have to worry about Harvey's innings limit!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm planning on seeing them play the Nats the 1st week of Oct-  I originally thought whoever is 1st in the NL East would ae been determined by then.  Maybe not though!

The 2007 collapse was painful, I was at a lot of the games the last  few weeks of the season.  The Mets certainly do keep our blood flowing!!

I saw a commercial that they will give away a fleece blanket at one of the games (Oct, 3 I think). I remember going to a game at Shea with my sister and her husband. The Mets were really bad then. They gave away free seat cushions and my brother-in-law wanted to get one for his neighbor, he would have paid for one. The Mets were so bad the fans were throwing them onto the field! My brother-in-law was able to pick one up that came down from another level (we had box seats)! You could have gotten as many as you wanted!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I saw a commercial that they will give away a fleece blanket at one of the games (Oct, 3 I think). I remember going to a game at Shea with my sister and her husband. The Mets were really bad then. They gave away free seat cushions and my brother-in-law wanted to get one for his neighbor, he would have paid for one. The Mets were so bad the fans were throwing them onto the field! My brother-in-law was able to pick one up that came down from another level (we had box seats)! You could have gotten as many as you wanted!

I jsut got tickets for Oct 3 -yet another fleece blanket to add to my collection!  Woman LOL  

The last game I went to was 'T Shirt Friday' -  there were so many Red Sox fans in  my section.. Most Met fans sitting by me ended up going home with a couple t shirts! 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I jsut got tickets for Oct 3 -yet another fleece blanket to add to my collection!  Woman LOL  

The last game I went to was 'T Shirt Friday' -  there were so many Red Sox fans in  my section.. Most Met fans sitting by me ended up going home with a couple t shirts! 

Okay so after last night's come from behind win I've come in off the ledge. I have to be honest, I didn't watch the whole game 7-1 seemed like a large hole to climb out of. I was amazed this morning when listening to WFAN that they won. I guess I shouldn't ever give up on them. I hope tonight they finish the Nat's off.