Valued Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2019 season, all are welcome!

@dmod nj wrote:

@redhead handbag queen wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@redhead handbag queen  your boys are ahead!  

I'm switching between the Devils game and the Yankees game.  

My son and hubby are Devils fans and it's their first  game of the season. 

I have a bichon right up by my face, it’s homecoming here and they are setting off fireworks. All is good though!

Awww, the poor pup.  He/she needs to feel close and secure.   My girl is okay with thunder and fireworks.    Our last three pups, not so much.  

I have one who will actually go and watch, she loves it. This one, she just shakes. I call her the bravest scaredy cat around.

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

Tied up!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj 

This Texas Rangers fan and Yankee fan wants to know why the Dodgers are on national tV but the Yankees aren't.   I wanted to watch the rest of the game and found out it's not on TV.  WTH??

I tried with my MLBtv. subscription but it's blacked out in my area.   New Mexico!!!!   UGH.

Trusted Contributor

8972D17D-A72F-4365-85D1-5551794A718B.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@dmod nj 

This Texas Rangers fan and Yankee fan wants to know why the Dodgers are on national tV but the Yankees aren't.   I wanted to watch the rest of the game and found out it's not on TV.  WTH??

I tried with my MLBtv. subscription but it's blacked out in my area.   New Mexico!!!!   UGH.

I totally agree.  Why are the NLDS games on national TV and the ALDS games only on subscription channels?  That is ridiculous!  Luckily I subscribe to a Sports package with my cable company so am able to watch the ALDS games.  My Mom is currently in a rehab facility where they do not subscribe to those channels.  She is a big Yankees fan and is very frustrated that she is unable to watch the playoff games.  My brother, another big Yankees fan, was finally able to find the MLB.network on his cable system so he was able to watch most of the Yankees game tonight.

Hopefully the AL championship games will be on a national TV station so all fans can watch the games.  Too early to call who will be playing but I want to be able to watch all of the games and I want my Mom to be able to see them too.

So happy that the Yankees were able to win tonight.  Look forward to watching the second game tomorrow.  DJ LeMahieu is my hero!  How great has he been this season!  And Gleyber Torres as well!  That boy can play!

Hope to see some of you here tomorrow.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

@jbinrwc 

@dmod nj 

I looked at tomorrow's schedule and the Yankees are on Fox Sports 1.  So, I'll get to watch that game.   I just don't get who decided tonights schedule.  Oh well , they WON!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I wish I knew how these things are decided.  ITA about all the games being accessible to ALL  fans, wherever they live. 

@jbinrwc  ita about DJ.   Can you believe Little G is only 22 years old?    I'm sorry your mom couldn't watch the game.  Hopefully, she'll be able to watch today.  Please send her my best. Heart

@Bridgegal  I think, the rest of the series is in FS1. 

Today's game is on at 5:00 eastern, on FS1.  The starters are Tanaka and Dobnak.   

I'll be listening to most of the game on the radio.   I'll try to visit here and  join in as much as possible. 

Good luck to all our teams!  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

So here in Minnesota it looks like a Tri-flush-ta this weekend (here the flushing sound)...First the Twins, next the Wild and for sure the Vikings. 

And yes, I wore my lucky Auburn tshirt for nothing Smiley Sad

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

I'm not watching any Yankees games, sorry just can't. But I just read about some Yankees fans chanting Uber Uber at a Twins pitcher who worked as an Uber driver in the minors to make some more money. So rude and unnecessary. Just a guy trying to make an honest living and supplement a meager minor league income. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@redhead handbag queen wrote:

So here in Minnesota it looks like a Tri-flush-ta this weekend (here the flushing sound)...First the Twins, next the Wild and for sure the Vikings. 

And yes, I wore my lucky Auburn tshirt for nothing Smiley Sad

@redhead handbag queen  your boys will turn this around at home!  They are too good! 

Congrats on the Vikings win today.   We were out and did not see the game.   

If you follow the Wild, please join us on the hockey thread.   Enjoy watching Zucc play!  We miss him on the Rangers. Take good care of him, please.