Honored Contributor

I'm very happy for Kyler Murray winning the Heisman tonight!  Our 7th winner, and last year Baker Mayfield won!  

Congratulations to those nominated too.  That in itself is an honor!

I gues they told Billy Sims not to shout BOOMER, so he wore a loud jacket instead!  That's Billy!  He marches to his own drummer and is one of the most enthusiastic people I ever met.  He never met a stranger either.  

Honored Contributor

Pretty awesome. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner:  Congratulations!!

Honored Contributor

If this keeps up they can just rename it the Oklahoma Quarterback Award. Kudos to him. He had big shoes to fill and he did so brilliantly. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

If this keeps up they can just rename it the Oklahoma Quarterback Award. Kudos to him. He had big shoes to fill and he did so brilliantly. 

@gardenman  Ha ha!  We WISH!  From everything I've heard about him, he is a good kid and very gifted.  I can't believe all the things he did in his first and last year as QB for a team that struggled so much on the other side of the ball.

I wish him success (and OU in general) against Bama!  You never know about a football game!  Even if you "know" you don't really know.

One year one of our players was asked "How do you feel coming into the National Championship when you know the other team has better players?" The kid frowned and then smiled really big and said "Well, those better players better come ready to play because we sure are!"  And OU won.

You have to love those moments like that!  Especially if YOUR team wins!  LOL!!

Frequent Contributor

I was very embarassed for my beloved state of Oklahoma, when Billy Sims hooped and hollared for a long time at the Heisman ceremony. Granted he was happy that Kyler Murray won it, and so were many many other people, but geeze "tone it down, you are on national television". May be a wonderful person, but he lacks in manners.

Frequent Contributor

I was disappointed that Tua didn’t win, but he did get Sports Illustrateds Player of the Year award and 2 biggies.    Congrats to Kyler Murray and the Sooner nation. I know yall are proud.   Beware and  be ready, though, for the Tide is high and ready to roll.🐘🏆🅰️🏈

Honored Contributor

Okay, so when I saw Boomer, I thought of Boomer Esiason, as I live in NYC and listen to him on my sports talk radio station WFAN!

Respected Contributor

@Sabear wrote:

I was disappointed that Tua didn’t win, but he did get Sports Illustrateds Player of the Year award and 2 biggies.    Congrats to Kyler Murray and the Sooner nation. I know yall are proud.   Beware and  be ready, though, for the Tide is high and ready to roll.🐘🏆🅰️🏈

@Sabear:  Roll Tide Roll!!!