Honored Contributor

Re: 2018-2019 NHL hockey season scores, news, spoilers ; all welcome.

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Not exactly current NHL related, but I met a hockey legend today. He was standing in line behind me to get on the airplane, and then ended up across the aisle from me. About halfway thru our in line chat, I realized it was Jim Craig! Holy Hockey Heaven! I had such a crush on him in the 80's! He was actually watching part of Miracle on Ice during the flight. When I asked him if he'd perhaps played a bit of goalie himself, he got the biggest grin. He was even nice enough to stop for a pic with me once we got off the airplane. 

Thanks so much for sharing this story with us, @FrostyBabe1  .   Holy Hockey Heaven is right!   I think every hockey loving lady had a crush on him! LOL   

What a lovely way to let him know, you knew who he was.  Clever!!  

Are you able to share where this happened?   

Sure...the flight was GRR-ATL. He's on his way to his beach place in FL (as am I). 

Enjoy the time in FL, with the warmth, sun and sand!   

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

WOW!, @FrostyBabe1, what a great experience!  I love the way you let him know that you knew who he was!!  

Hold on to your hats, everyone!!  The Wings have won three in a row!!!  We are really looking good lately!!  Scored two shorties (one was empty-netter) and two PP last night!

Oilers come to town tomorrow!!!

I DO hear you cheering, @dmod nj!!  Pulling for the Blueshirts to move up out of the cellar SOON!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Hope all you hockey fans are doing well.    I've been mia.............busy in Jersey the last few days. 

Rangers won two games, both in a so, on the west coast.   YAY! 

Tonight, they are playing the Sabres at MSG.    At the start of the 2nd, Rangers are leading 2-0.  Two goals in 19 seconds. 

@redwingsgal  your boys won the other night.  I watched the game against the Devils.  My son and husband were not happy! LOL LOL   

Good luck to everyone's teams.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Rangers win their 3rd in a row!  They beat the Sabres, 3-1. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Honored Contributor

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-york-post-larry-brooks-hockey-hall-of-fame-inductee/c-301496802?tid=283...

I've been reading his work since the late 70s.  Happy for him! 

Honored Contributor

@dmod nj

They rightly call him THE KING! Any fan of any team watching his play against the Sabres should appreciate the value he brings to his team(s). 

Some like to use the term "the goalie(xyz) stole that game"! No, "he worked like he!! to win that game", no theft involved.  Remember the word I mentioned in one of my other posts, PATIENCE ?

It just might make our team's games more fun for you to watch. Found out after one of my skating sessions, from the Athletic Director of our USHL team, that Neil Pionk is a native of my city. He is destined to be one of our Rangers very best Defenseman.

Keep the faith, eh?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Rangers play the Canadiens tonight.

Devils play the Sens.

My family will be watching both games. 

Quenneville, the head coach of the Blackhawks, was fired.

Good luck to everyone's teams! 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@dmod nj

They rightly call him THE KING! Any fan of any team watching his play against the Sabres should appreciate the value he brings to his team(s). 

Some like to use the term "the goalie(xyz) stole that game"! No, "he worked like he!! to win that game", no theft involved.  Remember the word I mentioned in one of my other posts, PATIENCE ?

It just might make our team's games more fun for you to watch. Found out after one of my skating sessions, from the Athletic Director of our USHL team, that Neil Pionk is a native of my city. He is destined to be one of our Rangers very best Defenseman.

Keep the faith, eh?

hckynut(john)

Pionk has been terrific.  Local boy playing for the Rangers........a win/win for you and your area!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rangers win 5-3.   They 7-7-1. They won their 4th in a row.

Pionk had a GORGEOUS coast to coast goal!  Wow!!  I hope you saw it, John. 

YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! 

Respected Contributor

Wings win in a SO !!!

Sad to see Quenville got fired.  He will be back somewhere.  Soon.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it