Honored Contributor

Re: 2018-2019 NHL hockey season scores, news, spoilers ; all welcome.

@redwingsgal  all the Ws look the same! Doesn't matter, as long as it is a W. 

Hope you had a good birthday!  I'm right behind you......I'm 58.  The big 60 looks fabulous on you!  

Much good luck to the Wings! 

Have a great weekend! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj@redwingsgal,

GEEZ! Here I am with my next bump up starting with an 8!  Here/here Young Ladies.     =^..^=

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Rangers won last night.  The beat the Panthers in a shoot out. 

Tomorrow  night, they play the Bolts in Florida.  The Bolts have been unstoppable lately.  Fingers crossed for the Rangers! 

How has your team been doing? 

For those who celebrate Xmas, how are your preparations going? 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rangers play the Bolts tonight!   Rangers fans will get to see many former Rangers players, who now play for the Bolts.

Devils lost in a shoot out last night.   Both goalies, Miller and Schneider,  did not have their best game..........the score was 6-5.  The teams playing in front of them did not have their best night, either. 

Stefan Noesen, Ben Lovejoy, and Andy Greene scored against Cory Schneider tonight.  That's right, they put the puck in their own net.  Yes, it was that kind of game/night for the Devils.   

https://www.nj.com/devils/2018/12/devilss-own-goals-lead-to-another-loss-for-cory-schneider-against-...

Good luck to everyone's teams today! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Donna, @dmod nj

After my 2 hour Skating session last Wednesday, our local USHL Team(mostly high school age) was getting the ice about half hour later to practice. Saw several guys come in, and I asked 1 young one, if he played for our Local Omaha Lancers. He said no, I am the Equipment Manager.

Asked him if the Athletic Trainer was coming and he said yes. Mentioned that I had talked with the Athletic Trainer a couple weeks ago, and he said he was a cousin or some relation to the NY Rangers Neil Pionk.

To my surprise this young Equipment Manager said Neil Pionk was his brother. He doesn't play, he just takes care of all the equipment. A good friend of mine was the Original Equipment Manager for this team's origin back in 1986. Anyways, his name is Joe and he is 19, and Neil is, I think he said 22.

What a surprise that was for me, so we had a long talk about our Rangers team, and Coach Quinn.  Things that happen when I go skating, the stories I could tell you are endless. The one I like the best, other than this chance meeting with Joe Pionk are these.

"You're a very good skater, how long you been skating, and how old are you"?  The look on their faces when I say "My next birthday I will be 80 is priceless"!  Then it's "I hope when I get even close, I can still just skate". Ahhhh! And some wonder why I take the risk of still skating in the fashion I still can!

Hope the guys have a good one tonight. Last game was a nail biter for sure?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Good story, thanks for sharing, @hckynut !

Skating is probably keeping you young!

Wings beat the Kings last night.  They are pretty much a mess right now (KIngs).

We are in DC tonight!!   Good Luck to everyone's teams!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Hi John, 

Thanks so much for sharing this exciting story.   

I bet you left a positive impression on Joe........and ITA with @redwingsgal,  skating keeps you young physically and mentally. 

I hope I make it to your age with your positivity and energy. 

@redwingsgal  YAY, a win is a win!  Good job RW!   Good luck with the Caps!  

Rangers lost to the Bolts last night. Way too many penalties.  Shatty hurt his shoulder. Not sure what is going on with him.  Their next game is Friday. 

Good luck to everyone's teams! 

Honored Contributor

Defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk will be sidelined for two-to-four weeks with a shoulder separation suffered on Monday, Dec. 10 against Tampa Bay.

Honored Contributor

It's been a long week without hockey. Tonight, the Rangers host the Coyotes.  Former Rangers players Stepan, Raanta, and Grabner will be back in NY. 

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/preview-zuccarello-buchnevich-back-in-against-coyotes/c-302922042

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/pregame-notes-rangers-vs-coyotes-121418/c-302925806

Good luck to all our teams tonight. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

Image result for toddler crying