Super Contributor

I know it's not an unusual practice for a company to remind you of what you were looking at the last time you were on their website. I never have liked that, but I know it's a common practice. Now VB is doing it. I almost hate to browse their website anymore. Today I got an email from them, and the subject was "We see what you did there!" (The exclamation point is theirs.) To me that seems just creepy!

Highlighted
Super Contributor
I got the same email. I'm over there looking a lot and just ordered 2 Weekender bags that were 60% off. I have to agree.......totally creepy!
Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'm used to this "stalking," because it doesn't bother me anymore. Sometimes I'm happy to get these reminders, as I've totally forgotten what I've done last on the site. It's only to their benefit to remind us.

I can't wait for the new patterns to come out. Three more days!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor
It really is just a reminder, no ill intent is intended in my opinion.
Super Contributor

Hi, Tissyanne. I know that the intent wasn't bad, just didn't like the creepy wording.

Sunny, I'm really looking forward to the new patterns also. One of these days I hope they come out with some that I actually don't like.

Diamondsforme, that's a great buy on the weekender bags! Enjoy!

Regular Contributor
At least they are acknowledging you. I visit their website several times a week & order from there periodically, as well as the ebay flash sales. I used to get emails from them several times a week. Then, they just stopped coming over a year ago. I asked about this when I called in an order & was told they would notify IT. I also tried signing up again, but have received nothing. To make matters worse, I didn't get a birthday coupon for my last birthday. I know this has happened to others because there was a thread about it last year. I still get the discount codes with my orders from VB, but it is frustrating when they have expired & I would like to order the new patterns. At least a local store that sells VB offers discounts. Wish I could figure out what caused things to change. I still love their bags & will continue to purchase.
Super Contributor
On 1/12/2015 KathT said: At least they are acknowledging you. I visit their website several times a week & order from there periodically, as well as the ebay flash sales. I used to get emails from them several times a week. Then, they just stopped coming over a year ago. I asked about this when I called in an order & was told they would notify IT. I also tried signing up again, but have received nothing. To make matters worse, I didn't get a birthday coupon for my last birthday. I know this has happened to others because there was a thread about it last year. I still get the discount codes with my orders from VB, but it is frustrating when they have expired & I would like to order the new patterns. At least a local store that sells VB offers discounts. Wish I could figure out what caused things to change. I still love their bags & will continue to purchase.

Aw, that's so frustrating! Don't give up. I've heard people say that when they didn't get a birthday coupon code they called customer service, and one was sent to them. There are a couple of coupon sites on the internet that offer pretty good VB coupons from time to time also. I hope their IT department will get this straightened out soon!

Regular Contributor
On 1/12/2015 deercreek said:
On 1/12/2015 KathT said: At least they are acknowledging you. I visit their website several times a week & order from there periodically, as well as the ebay flash sales. I used to get emails from them several times a week. Then, they just stopped coming over a year ago. I asked about this when I called in an order & was told they would notify IT. I also tried signing up again, but have received nothing. To make matters worse, I didn't get a birthday coupon for my last birthday. I know this has happened to others because there was a thread about it last year. I still get the discount codes with my orders from VB, but it is frustrating when they have expired & I would like to order the new patterns. At least a local store that sells VB offers discounts. Wish I could figure out what caused things to change. I still love their bags & will continue to purchase.

Aw, that's so frustrating! Don't give up. I've heard people say that when they didn't get a birthday coupon code they called customer service, and one was sent to them. There are a couple of coupon sites on the internet that offer pretty good VB coupons from time to time also. I hope their IT department will get this straightened out soon!

Thanks for the encouraging words, deercreek. This is not stopping me from shopping,lol.