Honored Contributor

Is this the same color Dooney?

Is the Dooney pebble leather in tangerine on their website the same color as QVC's orange Logo Lock? I think it might be since the LL is pebble leather. But you know how Dooney does a lot of colors that are similar so I'm not sure.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: Is this the same color Dooney?

There is no way to know if the colors are the same unless you see them in person. Dooney uses the same name for different colors in different collections and different names for the same color in different collections. Dooney also has several leathers they call pebbled leather and they are not all exactly the same.

The LL is a QVC exclusive. The naming might be Q's or Dooney's.

Honored Contributor

I know, it's annoying because I seriously doubt that they would carry that color in my local department store. I don't live anywhere near a Dooney store or outlet anymore. I remember seeing a similar color in Dillen leather at the Dooney store before I moved, but it's not the same leather nor exactly the same color.

The item is on backorder anyway so I can't get it right now. I did sign up for email notification of when it's back in stock.

Honored Contributor

I'd check back periodically anyway. I don't think I've ever received that supposed email from Dooney when an item was back in stock...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thanks Stevie, I'll try and remember to check back once in awhile.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 jaxs mom said:

Thanks Stevie, I'll try and remember to check back once in awhile.

Over the years, I've signed up a number of times and can't remember actually receiving a single notification from them so either none of the items ever came back in stock or they just didn't bother...

Wink

Honored Contributor

Hi jaxs mom: About a year ago or so I had a similar quest regarding the Dooney orange colors. I bought an accessory set from QVC that had a very small cosmetic, a key fob and a credit card case in orange, thinking of course I can find a handbag to match. Well, Dooney has several shades of orange! I ordered from several places and even looked at the Dooney outlet store to no avail. In doing so, I found that "orange" is lighter in color than "tangerine" (aren't the true fruits like that?!). Anyway, I gave up finding a Dooney orange bag to go with my accessory set and ended up using the set in a small croco G.I.L.I. in orange. http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Leather-Mini-Barrel-Crossbody.product.A253950.html?sc=A253950-User&cm_s...

So, you may find out that Dooney tangerine is darker than Dooney orange, but if you don't mind that it blends, you'll be just fine!

Good luck with it, EEL

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Hi jaxs mom: About a year ago or so I had a similar quest regarding the Dooney orange colors. I bought an accessory set from QVC that had a very small cosmetic, a key fob and a credit card case in orange, thinking of course I can find a handbag to match. Well, Dooney has several shades of orange! I ordered from several places and even looked at the Dooney outlet store to no avail. In doing so, I found that "orange" is lighter in color than "tangerine" (aren't the true fruits like that?!). Anyway, I gave up finding a Dooney orange bag to go with my accessory set and ended up using the set in a small croco G.I.L.I. in orange. http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Leather-Mini-Barrel-Crossbody.product.A253950.html?sc=A253950-User&cm_s...

So, you may find out that Dooney tangerine is darker than Dooney orange, but if you don't mind that it blends, you'll be just fine!

Good luck with it, EEL

Shouldn't you be baking a casserole or something...?

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Good luck with it, EEL

Thanks, I'm on the opposite quest. I'm trying to find an accessory to go with my orange bag lol. I'm looking for a wristlet or cosmetics bag that matches the orange Logo Lock and will fit my iphone 6 plus since it won't fit in the kiss coin. I'd buy the black one in the link I posted in the OP but it has brown trim.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 stevieb said:

Good luck with it, EEL

Shouldn't you be baking a casserole or something...?

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

She's busy being an enabler lol