Honored Contributor

I ordered Isaac's shoes A287190 and they just came. They are cute and comfortable, but the vamp doesn't come up my foot enough to cover all of my toe area. This has always bothered me. What about you? Do you think I'm being too fussy? Also, one of the vamps is a little longer than the other. I don't think it's that noticeable, but. . .!

Respected Contributor

This would not bother me.  But,  I am probably bothered by things that other might consider petty too . . . ultimately it is up to you.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom I personally do not like toe cleavage.  I was trying on shoes last week and found a perfect pump.....tried it on....nope!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

I would send them back.  I watched the video and clearly they are made that way if the model is typical of the fit.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toe Cleavage

[ Edited ]

Toe cleavage doesn't bother me but what does bug me is when a low vamp edge rubs the top inner side of the foot when the foot is flexing as the vamp edge can rub the joint or where a bunion may be or expose a bunion. The edge of the vamp also is not usually stretchable as that is where it's sewn and the seam is stayed so it has litle or no give.

I gave away a cute pair of Jessica Simpson ballet flats for that reason, the low vamp edge rubbed the top of my foot near my big toe, it left red marks and no amount of using a shoe stretcher could fix it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like your new shoes!  I have always found toe cleavage to be a bit sexy--not all buttoned up like a corporate pump.  

Only you know how much this issue bothers you, but I vote they are keepers!

Honored Contributor

Re: Toe Cleavage

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom

Hey, everyone's different..

A gladiator-style sandal is one that has good toe coverage, if you're interested.

Self-conscious myself re: the unusual separation between my 2nd and 3rd toes (both longer than my 1st, LOL), so a sandal has to cover that area and close that gap.   

Honored Contributor

Depends - If you really don't like them you probably won't wear them. Personally, I dislike toe cleavage and it would be a deal breaker for me. 

Respected Contributor

I won't wear toe cleavage, but if it's your thing, go for it!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield