Contributor

Hi...am I the only one who notices the hosts and models never wear socks...they'll be standing there in a turtleneck and coat..with jeans (example) and wearing shoes with no socks...I know people must wear socks with many of the shoes/boots shown in fall/winter...I know they probably do this to showcase the shoe...but as someone who is style impaired...I would like to see them show the shoes as people at home would actually wear them...

Honored Contributor

I never wear socks either so don't think anything about it.  I think many people dont.  I don't live where I wear big boots or slough through snow drifts.  I'm not out in the cold very much.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

i hate socks and never wear them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I wear trouser socks with boots and loafer style shoes. I wear athletic socks with my workout shoes. I also wear knee highs with slacks and pumps. And argyles and such with jeans and khakis. 

Respected Contributor

I never wear socks.

Respected Contributor

i wear cozy socks at home, started wearing them a few days ago when the weather turned but often don't wear them with skecher type shoes.  I do wear them with boots though.

Honored Contributor

I found the most comfy socks for me!  

The toe seam used to get under the ball of my foot, and after standing for hours, it hurt terribly!

Quite by accident I found the brand Hot Socks and they are beyond comfy!!!

Honored Contributor

I have to wear socks when it gets cold....my feet just can't take the pain of low temps!

Once, several years ago I was waiting in line outside in February and the temperature was in the teens.  I was wearing boots with regular socks (not thick).  I was with three other friends and we were waiting for a show in NYC. 

Well we never got in since they gave out too many tickets so we decided to do something else.  However my toes were so cold they were hurting badly.  So we went inside the nearest building just to warm up....took me a good half hour for my feet to stop hurting.  No one in my group had this problem.  Made me wonder if there is something unusual about my feet. 

Lesson learned, if I'm going to be outside in very cold weather I must wear extra warm socks and maybe bring foot warmers.

Even though I wear sandals and flip flops all summer long, once it gets just a bit cold out I have to wear socks.  I have gotten some really nice crew socks (I don't like them knee high) from Costco.

Trusted Contributor

I never wear socks either.  Hate the way they feel and look.

Respected Contributor

If I am not in sandals in the hot summer, I am in some kind of sock.  I even wear thin socks with my Arizona Birkenstocks when the weather gets cool.  I wear socks with boots and most shoes.  I wear a "footie" as we used to call them with flats.  I cannot have my bare feet in a shoe.  I can sometimes wear with bare feet the real Sherpa UGG type of boot or my faux fur Birkenstocks.

I have all kinds/styles of socks and lots of "crew" or ankle socks.  I even have a supply of toe covers to wear when I have an open back shoe or clog.  I sometimes wear compression socks when my legs need them.   I wore panty hose for most of my life and now that I rarely wear them, I wear socks.  Absolutely obsessed with socks.  I sleep with bare feet, but have socks to slip on the minute I am out of bed.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.