Reply
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎07-26-2016

Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step

Hi Everyone,

 

I have never bought Trotters or Spring Step shoes but found some I would like to purchase and need some advice on how their sizing runs compared to other brands.

 

I wear a 9.5 in NIne West, Bass, Aerosoles

 

Clarks usually a 9.5 but sometimes a 10

 

I wear a 10 in Michael Kors, Born, Cole Haan 

 

41- Birkenstock, Josef Seibel, Aetrex

 

What size in Trotters and Spring Step should I order?  Thanks for your advice!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 55,884
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step

@bluedevilalumna   Spring Step shoes run a full size small.  I've tried several pairs because they're so cute but they're just too short.  Since I wear a size 11, I'm out of luck.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,255
Registered: ‎11-02-2015

Re: Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step


@bluedevilalumna wrote:

Hi Everyone,

 

I have never bought Trotters or Spring Step shoes but found some I would like to purchase and need some advice on how their sizing runs compared to other brands.

 

I wear a 9.5 in NIne West, Bass, Aerosoles

 

Clarks usually a 9.5 but sometimes a 10

 

I wear a 10 in Michael Kors, Born, Cole Haan 

 

41- Birkenstock, Josef Seibel, Aetrex

 

What size in Trotters and Spring Step should I order?  Thanks for your advice!!!


@bluedevilalumna   I can't speak for Trotters, but I love Spring Step shoes...not the crazy prints...but I have many others in solid colors.   Their leather boots are a perfect fit.  The reason I like this brand is the European sizing.  I am a size 7 and wear EU37 in this brand.  Many shoe brands are too wide for me but Spring Step is always a perfect fit.  According to the shoe brands you mentioned..You would probably be a EU41 which is size 9.5 to 10.   EU40 is a size 9. 
Hope you find something you like!

 

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎07-26-2016

Re: Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step


@Kachina624 wrote:

@bluedevilalumna   Spring Step shoes run a full size small.  I've tried several pairs because they're so cute but they're just too short.  Since I wear a size 11, I'm out of luck.


 

Super, thanks for the tip!

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎07-26-2016

Re: Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step


@Mombo1 wrote:


@bluedevilalumna   I can't speak for Trotters, but I love Spring Step shoes...not the crazy prints...but I have many others in solid colors.   Their leather boots are a perfect fit.  The reason I like this brand is the European sizing.  I am a size 7 and wear EU37 in this brand.  Many shoe brands are too wide for me but Spring Step is always a perfect fit.  According to the shoe brands you mentioned..You would probably be a EU41 which is size 9.5 to 10.   EU40 is a size 9. 
Hope you find something you like!

 

 

Thanks for the nice feedback!  Looking forward to trying them!

 


 

Super Contributor
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step

For me Trotters are same sizing as my other shoes and I can get a wide. I wore their sandals all last summer after ankle fusion surgery. So comfy!!!
New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-06-2014

Re: Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step

I recently purchased Trotters shoes ( A427912) for the first time but had to return them because the sizing was WAY off. The shoes were at least 1/2 size if not a full size too big. I can't say whether that's typical of all Trotters or if it was just that particular design. I ordered my normal size, 9W. (I ordered a Clarks shoe at the same time and it fit like a glove.) But the Trotters shoe was way too long. However, the width ran small; the shoe did not appear to be a true Wide Width. (It was too narrow for my orthotics.)

In fact, the sizing was so far off, I checked the size on the box and the inside of the shoe because I was so sure they sent me the wrong size!

I hope that helps.