Occasional Contributor

Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step

Hi Everyone,

I have never bought Trotters or Spring Step shoes but found some I would like to purchase and need some advice on how their sizing runs compared to other brands.

I wear a 9.5 in NIne West, Bass, Aerosoles

Clarks usually a 9.5 but sometimes a 10

I wear a 10 in Michael Kors, Born, Cole Haan 

41- Birkenstock, Josef Seibel, Aetrex

What size in Trotters and Spring Step should I order?  Thanks for your advice!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Sizing advice for Trotters and Spring Step

@bluedevilalumna   Spring Step shoes run a full size small.  I've tried several pairs because they're so cute but they're just too short.  Since I wear a size 11, I'm out of luck.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@bluedevilalumna wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have never bought Trotters or Spring Step shoes but found some I would like to purchase and need some advice on how their sizing runs compared to other brands.

I wear a 9.5 in NIne West, Bass, Aerosoles

Clarks usually a 9.5 but sometimes a 10

I wear a 10 in Michael Kors, Born, Cole Haan 

41- Birkenstock, Josef Seibel, Aetrex

What size in Trotters and Spring Step should I order?  Thanks for your advice!!!

@bluedevilalumna   I can't speak for Trotters, but I love Spring Step shoes...not the crazy prints...but I have many others in solid colors.   Their leather boots are a perfect fit.  The reason I like this brand is the European sizing.  I am a size 7 and wear EU37 in this brand.  Many shoe brands are too wide for me but Spring Step is always a perfect fit.  According to the shoe brands you mentioned..You would probably be a EU41 which is size 9.5 to 10.   EU40 is a size 9. 
Hope you find something you like!

Occasional Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@bluedevilalumna   Spring Step shoes run a full size small.  I've tried several pairs because they're so cute but they're just too short.  Since I wear a size 11, I'm out of luck.

Super, thanks for the tip!

Occasional Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@bluedevilalumna   I can't speak for Trotters, but I love Spring Step shoes...not the crazy prints...but I have many others in solid colors.   Their leather boots are a perfect fit.  The reason I like this brand is the European sizing.  I am a size 7 and wear EU37 in this brand.  Many shoe brands are too wide for me but Spring Step is always a perfect fit.  According to the shoe brands you mentioned..You would probably be a EU41 which is size 9.5 to 10.   EU40 is a size 9. 
Hope you find something you like!

Thanks for the nice feedback!  Looking forward to trying them!

Super Contributor

For me Trotters are same sizing as my other shoes and I can get a wide. I wore their sandals all last summer after ankle fusion surgery. So comfy!!!

I recently purchased Trotters shoes ( A427912) for the first time but had to return them because the sizing was WAY off. The shoes were at least 1/2 size if not a full size too big. I can't say whether that's typical of all Trotters or if it was just that particular design. I ordered my normal size, 9W. (I ordered a Clarks shoe at the same time and it fit like a glove.) But the Trotters shoe was way too long. However, the width ran small; the shoe did not appear to be a true Wide Width. (It was too narrow for my orthotics.)

In fact, the sizing was so far off, I checked the size on the box and the inside of the shoe because I was so sure they sent me the wrong size!

I hope that helps.