Honored Contributor

Why do shoe companies make sneakers with such a narrow toe box?? It is hard to find with room in the toe box area!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I've never noticed this to be a problem. Perhaps you need to buy a wider size?Have you gone to a actual shoe store and had your foot measured?

Respected Contributor

I agree, many women’s shoes are cut narrow at the widest part of the foot.  I assume it’s because most women want their feet to appear smaller. Orthopedic shoes are cut more like real feet, but who wants to wear those?  Do consider buying a half size larger or wider. 

Esteemed Contributor

My orthopedic surgeon advised me to wear men's shoes, for that very reason.  I do.

Cogito ergo sum
Frequent Contributor

Re: Shoe Toe Box

[ Edited ]

@CherryHugs wrote:

Why do shoe companies make sneakers with such a narrow toe box?? It is hard to find with room in the toe box area!

Have you checked into the New Balance line of shoes? I need room in the toe box area, too, and have found that New Balance has the greatest variety of sizes, widths and styles that cater to those who need that extra room in the toe area. There are different levels of quality in the New Balance line; lesser quality styles are found in stores such as Kohls and Famous Footwear. For the best variety and quality, find a New Balance store in your area. Go there, get your foot measured and they will assist you with finding the right shoe for your foot. I pay more for the better quality but foot comfort is worth it. Your tootsies will thank you!!

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs

Have you tried Easy Spirit W or WW?  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Thank you! I am planning to check into the suggested brands Cat Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Re: Shoe Toe Box

[ Edited ]

The sock you wear can make a difference on how tight your shoe fits. So if you find your shoes are too tight in the toebox, if you get a wide shoe and choose a thinner sock, it can make a difference. This is assuming you’re talking about an athletic shoe which you would wear with a sock.

Edited to add:  If you are putting in your own orthotic device, that will tighten up your shoe somewhat, and a wide size can help release your foot a bit in this case as well as a thinner sock.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

@CherryHugs

Have you tried Skechers?  The foe box of their shoes/sneakers is very wide - much to wide for my medium width foot.

Esteemed Contributor

Go to The Walking Company store if you have one in your area and try on their Abeo brand of athletic shoes.