Respected Contributor

Looking for a new pair of ankle boots...

I am looking at these ankle boots from Vince Camuto.  If you own shoes from this brand, do they fit true to size or should I size up...I'm usually size 8 and I'm on the narrow side of medium?  Also, do you prefer regular leather or suede?  Lastly, do you think this is a trendy style that will look dated quickly?  Thanks for your input.

https://www.qvc.com/Vince-Camuto-Leather-Exposed-Ankle-Booties---Prafinta.product.A310563.html

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a new pair of ankle boots...

I like the graystone as shown on Zappos but the review from the Q states that she thought her reg size was a big snug.

I like them though, nice choice.

Respected Contributor

I like them. I have a couple of pairs of vince camuto boots and they are true to size but I would guess it would depend on what type of sock you are going to wear with them. I wear very thin socks. 

Honored Contributor

I dont own any Vince Camuto boots or shoes but I really like the boots.  I think you should go for it!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I've been looking at those boots too, love them. There is only one review and she said it ran a little narrow but after wearing them, they feel just right now. Since you are on the narrow side of medium, they might be just perfect for you in your regular size. 

Trusted Contributor

I usually order 1/2 size up (I'm a 9) for booties/boots.  If the shoe comes in a wide, I will go w/the size 9W.  

Those boots are cute, I have them on my wish list.

Have you tried Sole Society also?  They have really cute things.

And I also look at Shoes.com.  Sometimes up to 8% return on Mr. Rebates and always free shipping.

Respected Contributor

I'm going to try them...now I have to decide between black and brown.  I always wear black shoes in the cooler months...even with jeans.  I see a lot of people wearing brown boots and I like the look...just not sure it's my look.  What do you think?

Respected Contributor

If I decide to purchase them I was leaning towards the brown, such a pretty brown or the chateau. I wear a lot of neutral colors and don't own a brown or beige boot. Hope they work out for you. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@roeroe1005 wrote:

I usually order 1/2 size up (I'm a 9) for booties/boots.  If the shoe comes in a wide, I will go w/the size 9W.  

Those boots are cute, I have them on my wish list.

Have you tried Sole Society also?  They have really cute things.

And I also look at Shoes.com.  Sometimes up to 8% return on Mr. Rebates and always free shipping.

Shoes.com is a great website that I’ve found useful for checking whether a shoe is true to size.  There was a Dansko sandal on the Q that I was interested in, looked it up on Shoes.com and found they ran small and suggested to order up a size.  I ordered up a size from Q (the color I wanted was on clearance) and got a perfect fit.  Of course, this only works for shoes also sold at retail not those that are “exclusive” to the Q.

Respected Contributor

After going back and forth on colors and whether I should spend the money, I ordered them in black.  I haven't received them yet, but I'm excited that I finally made the decision to order.