Honored Contributor

Re: Recovery slides, sandles

@Tori3569 

@Tori3569 wrote:

@Desert Lily wrote:

Recovery shoes are no longer marketed just for runners or other athletes. Feet ache for all kinds of reasons; standing at work, working in the yard, standing on a hard floor while cooking in the kitchen, etc.

Last week, I bought a pair of OOFOS recovery slides. I'm wearing them now. They're very soft, roomy, they have a heel cup, & they have arch support (but, I have perfectly flat feet Lol). I thought a pair of Skechers sandals would be soft enough for when I come in from working in the yard, but the ones I chose hurt.

I ordered another pair of recovery slides in another brand this week & am waiting to receive them. I'm hoping there's less of an arch support in them.

I like the soft support in recovery shoes. I wish all shoes had it.

I have a pair of oofos that I bought 2 years ago and they're great.  I've worn them for 2 years and they barely look used.  My only complaint is that I have to be extra careful when I wear them in my yard.  I was watering plants one time and got my feet wet and almost killed myself slipping and sliding all over the place.  My dogs were very amused.  😀

That is what scares me

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Tori3569 

@Tori3569 wrote:

@Desert Lily wrote:

Recovery shoes are no longer marketed just for runners or other athletes. Feet ache for all kinds of reasons; standing at work, working in the yard, standing on a hard floor while cooking in the kitchen, etc.

Last week, I bought a pair of OOFOS recovery slides. I'm wearing them now. They're very soft, roomy, they have a heel cup, & they have arch support (but, I have perfectly flat feet Lol). I thought a pair of Skechers sandals would be soft enough for when I come in from working in the yard, but the ones I chose hurt.

I ordered another pair of recovery slides in another brand this week & am waiting to receive them. I'm hoping there's less of an arch support in them.

I like the soft support in recovery shoes. I wish all shoes had it.

I have a pair of oofos that I bought 2 years ago and they're great.  I've worn them for 2 years and they barely look used.  My only complaint is that I have to be extra careful when I wear them in my yard.  I was watering plants one time and got my feet wet and almost killed myself slipping and sliding all over the place.  My dogs were very amused.  😀

That is what scares me

Yes, I will never let them get wet again.  

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the Revitalign (Spenco) recovery shoes and am very happy.  So comfortable I wear them daily.  They help my arthritis in my knee.  Not the most beautiful but I don't care they are so comfortable.  They resemble crocs but have support and I like my toes covered.

Valued Contributor

I bought a pair of plastic $14 flip-flops that were marketed as "recovery slides." The web site showed all sorts of athletes ebulliently wearing them after marathons and bike races. But they were just, you know, cheap flip-flops! I think the term is just a social-media marketing thing. They want to make the shoes sound as if they're good for your feet. But in the end they're just, you know, plastic flip-flops. 

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

IMG_1948.jpeg

@amyb I have these and find them to be very comfortable.  However, last year I took a chance on Cushionaire and like them even better. They call it a recovery thong, but I don't know if it's just a selling point these days to use the word "recovery" to sell rubber shoes.

This thong style fits true to size.  I have tried other styles that ran very large.

Honored Contributor

When I saw them on QVC, I wondered about the other shoes that QVC sells. 

Which one of those brands need a "recovery shoe" after wearing?

Frequent Contributor

Mostly used by athletes for years. When they take off their cleats, running shoes or sport shoes, they slip into recovery shoes. Great for giving your feet a break. Now it seems they are all over and like many other things regular people do not need.

Honored Contributor

@Kathyfobo wrote:

Mostly used by athletes for years. When they take off their cleats, running shoes or sport shoes, they slip into recovery shoes. Great for giving your feet a break. Now it seems they are all over and like many other things regular people do not need.

Regular people need to give their feet a break too.  I agree calling them "recovery shoes" just because your feet hurt is sort of stupid. Perhaps the non-athlete can call them comfort sandals.

Trusted Contributor

I've suffered from achy feet my whole life.  A few years ago I heard about recovery sandals and tried a pair from Oofos.  When i tried them on, i swear, i felt like they were the answer to my prayers.  The only thing i can equate them to is it's like walking on giant marshmallows.  I have several pairs now that i switch on and off with.  I wear them around the house and I wouldn't be without them.  My feet really do recover after a long day.  Don't know knock it if you haven't tried it.