Honored Contributor

Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

I have not read this topic for a long time so forgive me if something similar has been posted!

Does anyone know of any particular shoes or brands which have sandals with a closed in back that might be able to be worn with a full sized orthotic?

I am really getting sad thinking about warmer weather approaching and not being able to wear sandals yet again!  I have been stuck wearing sneakers year in and year out for like 3 years now.

I see everybody at work wearing all these cute sandals and here I am in my dumb sneakers.  I know I have posted here before lamenting about how sneakers ruin your outfits and limits the clothing you can wear.  But I am hopeful that maybe someone has some new ideas!

Thanks so much! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

I typed your request into the"search  QVC" box, and about five closed-back sandals came up, including one by Clark's. I have ugly heels, and wanted the same option you did. Hope you find one you like!

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for sandals with closed backs that might be worn with full orthotics

There is another thread asking QVC for more closed toe sandals, there were a few replies.  One of the choices was a Clark's sandal with a closed toe, looks a bit like a Mary Jane but the sides were open, it  could work for you.

I don't have the item number but search the Clark sandals.

I don't need the inserts but I like to wear a more substantial sandal.  I like leather huaraches, sometimes called Fisherman sandals.   Good luck, wearing sneakers all the time is no fun.  But there are some cute ones out there, like a slip on type, designed similar to a ballet shoe.

@AngelPuppy1

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I really like my Cobb Hill Ireland sandals---with closed toe and heel--zip up the back.  You can find them lots of places----Zappos, Shoebuy, ebay etc.  I have very bad feet--surgeries etc. and know your frustration.  Good luck.

KK

PS  I also have and love the Cobb Hill Gabby gladiator sandal, but it has an open toe, closed heel with zipper and a very little heel (the Ireland is a flat).

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

I will post some ideas, which are from a comfort footwear blog. If I post the blog the post will be poofed as there are shopping links.

Naot Papaki

Honored Contributor

Revere Geneva-

Revere sandals feature additional depth to accommodate
orthotics and an enclosed heel for a secure fit. Each pair comes with two strap extenders to provide a customized fit for wide feet. The Geneva comes in whole sizes 5-12, so order up if between sizes.

Honored Contributor

Waldlaufer Marigold-

German-made Waldlaufer footwear features anatomically contoured removable footbeds. The Marigold sandal features a velcro forefoot and ankle strap and an enclosed heel for a secure fit. Waldlaufer builds their shoes on a combination last, narrower at the heel and wider at forefoot. The Marigold best fits a medium to wide foot.

Honored Contributor

The Ziera Iris is a casual women's leather lace up peep toe sandal with an adjustable buckle strap and rear zipper for easy on and off.

Ziera Iris Tan Leather Women's Sandal

Features include:

• Supple leather upper
  • Soft leather lining keeps your feet cool and comfortable
  • Adjustable buckle strap to customize the fit
  • Rear zipper
  • Fully removable gel inlay allows the ability to insert your full personal orthotic
  • The rubber sole

Regular Contributor

@stets wrote:

I typed your request into the"search  QVC" box, and about five closed-back sandals came up, including one by Clark's. I have ugly heels, and wanted the same option you did. Hope you find one you like!

Speaking of ugly heels. My feet were so dry, cracked and sore with very ugly heels. QVC has the cure and it's less than anywhere else. I purchased the First Aid Beauty Cream and each morning I would slather my feet with the cream and put on socks. This could be done at night as well. By the 3rd. day my feet were feeling and looking like baby fwwt. This is a miracle in a jar.

Honored Contributor

The Ziera Innes is a casual women's leather backstrap sandal with elastic goring and two adjustable hook and loop straps for the perfect fit.

Ziera Innes Silver Leather Women's Sandal

Features include:

• Leather upper
  • Get an individual fit and increased support with straps that help keep your foot in place for the perfect fit
  • Contouring at the heel cradles your foot and supports the metatarsal and the inner and outer longitudinal arches for maximum underfoot comfort
  • Softest cow leather lining that over time will mould to your foot no matter what your foot shape giving maximum comfort
  • Removable footbeds which you can swap out for your custom orthotic
  • Soft and supple leather molds to your foot for luxurious comfort
  • Durable and flexible for all day, every day comfort