Super Contributor

smear marks.. not sure abt it.

Respected Contributor
I received my natural ostrich with a couple of vert small "brush stroke" type areas that were not noticeable at all and decided to keep it since that is the only flaw I found on the bag. Otherwise, very beautiful purse and I have decided to keep it. I think it just depends on how bad the marks are. I totally understand the mark you are referencing. It does look like a mistake brush stroke as someone moved around the bag, mine were not a big issue for me, but would be if they were more pronounced or more of them.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Does anyone know how long we are supposed to "train" our Roma 2 bags? My Blush bag seems to have softened up pretty well, but the Natural Ostrich is still a bit stiff. Are we supposed to keep a 32 oz. filled bottle in our bags when we are not using them (if we hang them on a door knob, etc.). We're also supposed to stuff them if we lay them flat when traveling (packed with clothes), or in a closet. I don't have that much room in my closet to store "stuffed" Roma 2 bags (and I have two of them).

Contributor
Oh my...how disappointing! The only thing I noticed on my natural ostrich upon inspection was that the leather color of the tassel was a little bit darker than the leather color of the bag. With wear, I am thinking the variation will diminish. Hopefully, customer service will take good care of you. Thank you for your post.
Super Contributor
Favorite Son, if you can't get satisfaction for your GILI from QVC, I agree the ostrich from Dooney is great, may I suggest you also check out the white ostrich satchel from Coach - it's magnificent, but you are paying Coach prices. I sent my Ivory GILI back as it was just too large, but it was absolutely in perfect shape.
Super Contributor
On 5/26/2014 Lyn08 said:

Does anyone know how long we are supposed to "train" our Roma 2 bags? My Blush bag seems to have softened up pretty well, but the Natural Ostrich is still a bit stiff. Are we supposed to keep a 32 oz. filled bottle in our bags when we are not using them (if we hang them on a door knob, etc.). We're also supposed to stuff them if we lay them flat when traveling (packed with clothes), or in a closet. I don't have that much room in my closet to store "stuffed" Roma 2 bags (and I have two of them).

I didn't "train" mine long. I like that's a little more stiffer than the cream snake that I got. Which is I'm sending back tomorrow. If I do keep the Natural Ostrich, I don't plan on keeping it stuffed when it's not in use.

Super Contributor

Thanks so much for all your replies. I just hate to send it back because I could get something way worse. I don't think anyone would really notice but me. I wonder if leather conditioner would help. Thanks again!!

Contributor

My handles are much lighter than the rest of the bag - and like another customer stated, " they are a matte finish". The handles feel totally different and look different than the rest of the bag. I ordered another on Waitlist, will see what that looks like, and send the worst looking back. I read somewhere where they will be getting more Natural Ostrich and black back in stock. Still a pain.

Valued Contributor
On 5/27/2014 cofeec said:

My handles are much lighter than the rest of the bag - and like another customer stated, " they are a matte finish". The handles feel totally different and look different than the rest of the bag. I ordered another on Waitlist, will see what that looks like, and send the worst looking back. I read somewhere where they will be getting more Natural Ostrich and black back in stock. Still a pain.

Does anyone know if waitlisted items are other people's returns or do they get a certain amount of orders from the manufacturer to fulfill these? I decided to try again for the blush, sent mine back due to flaws.

Respected Contributor

I decided to ignore the small area of smearing on the bottom of my bag -- it's not worth returning, as it's not very noticeable, and I might get a bag that's not as nice.

I'm taking my Natural Ostrich out tomorrow for the first time. I got the extra large Chameleon purse organizer in the mail today (thanks to the lady on the forum who recommended it), and I put it in the bag, along with the stuff I need, including a file folder with some documents. I'll be carrying the bag as a wide tote to accommodate everything. I didn't have a large tote, so this works well for me.