Respected Contributor

My love hate relationship

[ Edited ]

I have a Ross very close by and I stop in maybe once a week or so during off hours when they are not busy.

I kid you not the last 5 trips there I have found a pair of high-end shoes or boots on clearance or rock bottom price in my size.

Yesterday a pair of Vionic pumps $16.99 current online price $140

Last week a pair of Vince suede boots $49 value $299  (not Vince Camuto but Vince)

They only get 1 or 2 pairs in it is not like they had 20 in the week before and they are now on clearance. 

I can not resist such great deals so I buy them!!!!!!

ugghhh

Sometimes I wish I had an online store to resell them at a profit.  

Now I can not resist going in and looking for treasures !!!

Honored Contributor

Re: My love hate relationship

@Abrowneyegirl 

Great buys! Enjoy your new shoes! 

Love a good shoe bargain. I’ve only bought 2 pairs of shoes in 2020. 😱 A record low number for me. My 2 purchases were from Macy’s Last Act & Nordstrom Rack. 

Esteemed Contributor

New Ross store built a mile from my house and close to my grandson's house. Each birthday and Christmas he asks for a Ross gift card. He's a 12 year old bargain hunter. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I dropped into my local Ross this week, and found two 13.53 oz bottles of Korres Shower Gel.......for five bucks each!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

New Ross store built a mile from my house and close to my grandson's house. Each birthday and Christmas he asks for a Ross gift card. He's a 12 year old bargain hunter. 

It is really a great place for bargain shopping.  I just started shopping there and am amazed.  I was on my way to Targets to pick up some baskets for decorating and found 2 at Ross for less than what I was planning on spending on 1 at Target.  Beautiful design and quality.  The downside is things are here today gone tomorrow at these types of stores.

Honored Contributor

I have a Ross about a 10 minute walk from where we live.  I seldom go in there.  Rather drab and unappealing.  Much prefer the Marshall's and TJ Maxx that are also close by.  But I do agree there are a lot of bargains available now from many vendors.

Valued Contributor

Ross has always been hit or miss for me. I think now more than ever you will find great buys like that since the department stores aren't selling as much and they get the excess. Some merchandise is made specifically for Ross and the quality isn't there. Now is a good time to check them out. Good luck and happy shopping.

Respected Contributor

@Luvtuna wrote:

Ross has always been hit or miss for me. I think now more than ever you will find great buys like that since the department stores aren't selling as much and they get the excess. Some merchandise is made specifically for Ross and the quality isn't there. Now is a good time to check them out. Good luck and happy shopping.

You are correct - stuff made for Ross/TJMaxx and Marshalls in junky and poor quality.   It's the couple diamonds in the rough that are worth the finds.

It makes sense there is more run-off from dept stores nowadays.

I know my luck is going to run out...................

Honored Contributor

Our Ross was a wreck.  I walked in and out.

Honored Contributor

Our Ross doesn'thave a lot of great things and certainly not the high end things which you have found!  I used to go there a lot before the virus hit because it's one of those place that if you don't get it when you see it, it's gone!  I've only been there maybe 2ce in the last 9 months and haven't really found much of anything.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin