Respected Contributor

Just started walking now that its cooler.  I usually wear skechers and wondering about the arch fit.  Any suggestions for a good walking shoe?

Super Contributor

Skechters are great.  Alegria are my go to shoes. I recently about a pair called Tracs by Alegria a denim shoes with a nice sole. They come in several colors .Very comportable. I dont use the tracking app.

Stand on my feet doing cemos at Costco and Alegria are my go to shoe.

I  

Honored Contributor

I wear only Asics Kayano Gel shoes for walking.  They are the only shoes I've been able to wear without getting sore feet and ankles or shin splints.  They are pricy but shoes dotcom offers good promo codes.  I wait for their 30% or better promo codes to buy them.  If you sign up for their emails, you get better promo codes than found online.

Frequent Contributor

At my doctor's recommendation, I started wearing New Balance about 5 years ago and I still haven't found anything better.  I wear them all the time except for "dress up" which isn't too often nowadays.

Honored Contributor

I always have good luck with Fila.  And I have terrible feet and ankles.  I don't have good luck with Skeechers.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Love Easy Spirit's Traveltime clogs.  Have several pairs of them.  Work for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Brooks Ghost for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Elbelle wrote:

At my doctor's recommendation, I started wearing New Balance about 5 years ago and I still haven't found anything better.  I wear them all the time except for "dress up" which isn't too often nowadays.

years ago and 100 pounds heavier, I was told to wear nothing but New Balance and Birkenstock's.

I've pretty much stuck with that, some vionics, and not much else for the last 20 years or so.

Even as a very heavy woman I had a relatively high arch. ALL FEET ARE DIFFERENT! (SOMETIMES, even each of the two feet on the same body!)

Respected Contributor

I like Brooks and Ryka. They both have good arch support. 

Regular Contributor

I like Merrell and Keen.