Honored Contributor

LOVE the arch fit on Sketchers.  I ordered a pair from them almost 2 weeks ago.  Got it several days ago.  I adore them.  They fit my feet perfectly.  I'm going to order another pair from them.  No more memory foam on soles.  I'm hooked on arches.

Honored Contributor
Most of my walking shoes come from LandsEnd. Whoever makes their shoes does a great job.
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Just started walking now that its cooler.  I usually wear skechers and wondering about the arch fit.  Any suggestions for a good walking shoe?

I don't have problems with my feet except they're wide. I wear size 7 wide (C width) in sneakers. I bought 7 pairs of Rykas two years ago from Zappos. Devotion Plus 2 and Skywalk --- so comfortable. I tried Sketchers and returned them to QVC - no support. 

Check out Zappos -- I always read reviews (and there are many) - and u could email customer service for guidance. Free shipping to you and Free Return. We all have different experiences - and my feet are hard to fit. Lots of Rykas are on sale now as well.

Honored Contributor

I would not get sketchers, no support, my advice go to a sports store ,that has several brands try on.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@chiclet My husband and I just tried the Skecher Arch fit and we had to both return them because they just kept slipping off the heel. Our best walking shoes are by FlipFlop and its the models that use the original MicroWobbleboard technology. They are truly incredible shoes. If you go to their website and look at the styles, you have the option to find out which footbed technology is being used in each model. Go for the original MicroWobbleboard.

Trusted Contributor

I wear HOKA  shoes, as recommended by my podiatrist.  Worth every penny !!

Valued Contributor

Like others, I would recommend a specialty walking/running shoe store. I know a lot of people will wear running shoes for walking (which causes shin splints, as walkers require a more flexible shoe). A reputable store will be able to tell if you overpronate when walking and will make suggestions based on that (along with arch support, etc). 

Dont get attached to a brand, fit is paramount!

Contributor

I use my Norictrack treadmill daily......using the iFit program (LOVE)!  I walk, jog and hike......my favorite walking shoe is the Hoka Bondi 7.....they have a couple different walking shoes depending on your arch and how your foot pronates when you walk....it's a great brand! 

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

@Elbelle wrote:

At my doctor's recommendation, I started wearing New Balance about 5 years ago and I still haven't found anything better.  I wear them all the time except for "dress up" which isn't too often nowadays.

years ago and 100 pounds heavier, I was told to wear nothing but New Balance and Birkenstock's.

I've pretty much stuck with that, some vionics, and not much else for the last 20 years or so.

Even as a very heavy woman I had a relatively high arch. ALL FEET ARE DIFFERENT! (SOMETIMES, even each of the two feet on the same body!)

If I know I will be doing a lot of walking it's Birkenstocks for sure.  I have many comfortable shoes but nothing as comfortable as Birkenstocks.

QVC Customer Care