Valued Contributor

Re: My ROMA GiLi 2 Has Arrived!

Funwun, that's a chance with any bags so I would stick with your first love, the blush. More then likely they will sell the badly defective skins as a "as is" item... You can always return for full refund. I always feel that I need to at least see my first choice before coming down to the second choice...Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 5/20/2014 cactusjack said: Funwun, that's a chance with any bags so I would stick with your first love, the blush. More then likely they will sell the badly defective skins as a "as is" item... You can always return for full refund. I always feel that I need to at least see my first choice before coming down to the second choice...Smiley Happy

I agree. I also find that my first impression was usually right for me. Stick with the blush, fun... At least that's my advice!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

tloinga: I put myself on the waitlist for it. In the meantime, I'm taking it to a leather shop they fix, design new out of old leather and know everything there is about leather to know. If they tell me it will blend in over time with age then, no worries!!

Funwun: to sell defective items advertised as new is fraud; QVC could get in big trouble by doing that so I wouldn't be afraid of going on waitlist. I am for 2 more bags, lol.

Frequent Contributor

On 5/20/2014 sahmIam said:

tloinga: I put myself on the waitlist for it. In the meantime, I'm taking it to a leather shop they fix, design new out of old leather and know everything there is about leather to know. If they tell me it will blend in over time with age then, no worries!!

Funwun: to sell defective items advertised as new is fraud; QVC could get in big trouble by doing that so I wouldn't be afraid of going on waitlist. I am for 2 more bags, lol.

That's good sahmIam!! I hope you get good news from your leather shop. If not, here's to your wait list being filled with a perfect bag!!!!

Super Contributor

Thank you Cactusjack and Stevie! I'll stick with the Blush...I truly fell in love with it!!
Trusted Contributor

I'm waiting on the ice metallic, it shipped today. I got the other 5 and they are absolutely perfect. Blush, snake, black, ivory ostrich and natural ostrich. I went over each bag so carefully after I read there were a few issues. I can't find a flaw anywhere. I am so excited to get the metallic and even more excited that I got the bags I love at the TSV price. The only one I passed on was the espresso lizard, since I have the brown in the original large roma and the croco roma. My mother and daughter will get first pick; we share :-) Good luck ladies! Fingers crossed that the metallic is perfect!
Super Contributor

On 5/20/2014 sahmIam said:

Sahmlam....I completely agree with you, however, QVC does it all the time! I've experienced it as have tons of other posters and reviewers on this board and website. Personally, I think it's poor quality control in the Returns Dept....at least that's how I see it!
Respected Contributor

Silver33, my natural ostrich arrived today with no color problems at all. the color is fully saturated and great. I am inpressed with the quality touches on the bag, the way the openings on the handles are closed in, the stitching is uniform. My bag is not really stiff either, but I am afraid I'll need an organizer inside or everything will puddle in the bottom. I now wish I had ordered the ivory ostrich..........
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad to hear so many of you are happy. Makes me think I should take a chance and go for the exchange. Wish I got in on the blush!
Super Contributor

On 5/20/2014 equss said:

I received the blush today. It is a pretty color..soft nude pink. The leather on this bag is soft...in fact I wonder if it will crease badly because the first thing I noticed was some mild creasing just from shipping even though the bag was fully stuffed. I also have some sloppy stitching on the zipper pocket but mine isn't too bad. For the money it is a fine bag but doesn't compare to a $400-600 bag in the least. The long strap is a fine length for me to wear as a crossbody but think it is too thin to be comfortable with any weight inside. I am undecided but that was because my expectations were to be wowed by a good value...what you get a a $150 bag nothing more or less. The prepaid label is alittle higher than usual at $8.95 which is a lot to be underwhelmed. SadSmiley Sad

I'm just wondering...why do you think that this $160 bag should compare to a $400-$600 bag? I never understand that thought process. If you want a bag that costs $600 go get it and it should meet quality standards.