Regular Contributor

Does anyone know how the sizing runs with this particular Minnetonka TS?  I wear between a 7 and a 7 1/2. I wear a 7 in Isaac M's flats but find more 7 1/2s fit in other brands. I think the suede  will stretch in the width but not the length. What do you think? Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@AlsaceGal wrote:

I used to wear them years ago, they're cute. Be aware, there is no support in them, absolutely none.

Used to be able to purchase them at western stores and probably still can, try that first, if they don't have the color or feel good on...you won't need to return them. 

I thought they were cute but I did notice they did not have support. I am glad you noted this in the forum.

Respected Contributor

How does the heel feel on these moccasins.  Is the back of the heel area soft or hard?  I have a problem with my heel sliding up and down and causing blisters.  Also, do these shoes run true to size?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Msmajell wrote:

Does anyone know how the sizing runs with this particular Minnetonka TS?  I wear between a 7 and a 7 1/2. I wear a 7 in Isaac M's flats but find more 7 1/2s fit in other brands. I think the suede  will stretch in the width but not the length. What do you think? Smiley Happy

I would personally go with a 7. The leather stretches and the suede stretches alot. Even with a fixed sole as with the boat mocs they stretch. I usually wear mine with an insert or socks they stretch so much. They do have laces you can tighten but that only brings them in a tiny bit and then loosen anyway. More ornamental than anything.

Respected Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

How does the heel feel on these moccasins.  Is the back of the heel area soft or hard?  I have a problem with my heel sliding up and down and causing blisters.  Also, do these shoes run true to size?

I have never had a problem with the heels causing problems.The back of the heel is the same material as the rest of the shoe. I did check my thunderbird boat moc and there is a seam at the heel but the stitching is quite fine.

They run about a half size too big when they stretch. It does vary from style to style. The suede stretches a lot. I am a true 7 and get a 7 but would try a 61/2 if they came that way.

Super Contributor

Re: Minnetonka Moccasins

[ Edited ]

I bought a pair a few years ago.  I enjoy wearing them around

the house.  I wear Heel-That-Pain inserts in them and all of the

shoes I own.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Respected Contributor

I did not end up ordering but might try them in the future.   They looked comfortable.

Honored Contributor

I bought them and I am so glad I did. They are comfortable and perfect for the warm weather, My big regret is that I only ordered one pair when it was a TSV.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I love Minnetonka shoes. I own some tall fringe boots and some mocs from way back when. The only problem with ordering the TS mocs is that they don't have wide widths. My feet have gotten wider over the years and I need wide shoes these days. I think the TS mocs are so cute.Woman Happy

My foot tends to be wide too. And they fit just fine. Plenty of room and comfortable.

Honored Contributor

I ordered 2 pair and could barely get them on my feet. Even untied the tie and still had to really force my foot into them. Also the edge around the sides and over the top is very hard and I can see blisters in my future in that area. So back they go. will I ever learn??