Frequent Contributor

Logged on this morning to check out the new TSV.  Cute, cute, cute!  Unfortunately I can no longer where a heel of that height...  Would love to see a TSV with a lower a wedge height..  somewhere in the 1 - 1 1/2 range.......  I was also glad to see these cute shoes in wide - even though I won't purchase that heel height......  

Occasional Contributor

TOTALLY AGREE.  NEED LOWER HEEL ON SHOES LIKE TSV.  I ALSO NEED WIDE SHOE.  I LIKE LOOKS OF TSV BUT WILL NOT BE ORDERING BECAUSE OF HEEL HEIGHT.

Respected Contributor

One question I keep asking myself:  Exactly when did my feet decide higher heel heights were no longer acceptable ?????

had to donate or give away many gorgeous heels and even lower heeled pumps......   ( I kept one pair of red killer sling back heels with black trim just to look at,  but even they walked away. )

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkzI know exactly when it happened for me.  The time was much sooner than for most women - I was maybe 47 and stubbed a toe so badly that I did permanent damage to my left food and all of a sudden pretty shoes became close to a thing of the past.

I only stopped complaining about wearing ugly shoes when my sister had to have a partial amputation of a foot.  Not a nice way to teach me a lesson I should already have known!

Contributor

Count me in too!  I thought today's shoes were cute but as soon as I heard the heel height I knew I couldn't do it.  If someone would do about a 1.5" heel that would be great

Regular Contributor

Me too!!!

Honored Contributor

I've never been able to wear high heels.  Couldn't walk in them.  Short wedges are very difficult to find.

Valued Contributor

Years ago I was wearing a wedge sandal and turned my ankle. The wedge bottom just doesn't provide the stability I like. I will wear boots and other shoes with a somewhat higher heel, but not a wedge. Fortunately, there are a lot of other choices. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you about the pitch of the wedge of those cute TSV sandals...the wedge is too high so that it puts a lot of pressure on the ball of the foot. I can't imagine being able to walk in those sandals for very long.

I find that most shoe brands and shoe buyers ignore the customer and sell shoes that end up unsold on the clearance racks due to the steep forward pitch of the shoes.

I have a nice lower wedge sandal from a few years ago, B.O.C. Zuni sandals that I bought at Hudson's Bay in Canada. The height at the back of the sandal is low, the back height is 2.25 inches holding a ruler perpendicular to the ground and the front is 1.25 holding a ruler perpendicular to the ground (the actual width i front is about .75 inches. There is a rocker bottom sole on this sandal but it's slight and it makes these sandals ergonomic to walk in. I have a second pair when the 1st pair wears out, that's how much I like these sandals as they are cute and easy to wear.

HBC has never brought sandals this low back, instead they bring in unwearable B.O.C. or Born sandals that are too high,wobbly, and unstable.