Occasional Contributor

Re: If you ordered the Blush Roma 2, will you wear it all year long?

I'm in Santa Barbara, CA and purchased this bag in the blush. I could carry this bag from Valentines day to October. The hubby and I got married in February and blush was our main color (blush, lace, and pearls, I'm that kind of gal lol!) I think it might be a little light for the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays, But I wouldn't even think twice about wearing it in February Smiley Happy LOVE IT!!!! Smiley Happy

I Think I will be going back for the Natural Ostrich for Fall/Winter.

Respected Contributor

I am also in CA and I agree that I would go Feb to Oct but most likely not the time in between. I can't wait to get this one. Love anything with a hint of pink in it.

Deb

Valued Contributor

That blush is a lovely color! Those of you that order it make sure you treat it immediately with leather protectant. I had a gorgeous Kooba nappa leather bag that color and I treated it but it showed every spot, scratch, color transfer, etc.

I paid over 300 for that bag and adored the color, but even cleaning it with saddle soap and mink oil I gave up and donated it.

Regular Contributor

On 5/16/2014 Jules5280 said:

Ordered the blush on wait list, hopefully I will get one. If I do, I can see myself using it spring through fall, and I live in the midwest where we get 4 seasons. Might wear it once in a while during winter on nice days and with the appropriate outfit since it's a neutral, but it does seem like a more spring/summer bag. Love the soft pink color.

*edited by me*

It's showing available again right now, so maybe you will get it and not have to waitlist it. The whole blush option button was gone a while ago.

Super Contributor

On 5/16/2014 5pugmom said:

Ordered the blush on wait list, hopefully I will get one. If I do, I can see myself using it spring through fall, and I live in the midwest where we get 4 seasons. Might wear it once in a while during winter on nice days and with the appropriate outfit since it's a neutral, but it does seem like a more spring/summer bag. Love the soft pink color.

*edited by me*

It's showing available again right now, so maybe you will get it and not have to waitlist it. The whole blush option button was gone a while ago.

Is it? Yaay, that would make me a happy girl! I hate ordering something I like and not knowing if or when I will get it. I think they were having a difficult time keeping track of the blush inventory because so many people did multiple orders or made color selections and didn't cancel their previous orders until they were certain they could still get it, so some of the inventory was held in limbo.

Super Contributor

On 5/16/2014 lianne said:

That blush is a lovely color! Those of you that order it make sure you treat it immediately with leather protectant. I had a gorgeous Kooba nappa leather bag that color and I treated it but it showed every spot, scratch, color transfer, etc.

I paid over 300 for that bag and adored the color, but even cleaning it with saddle soap and mink oil I gave up and donated it.

What is a good leather protectant that you would recommend?

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your comments.

Valued Contributor

Jules, I would use mink oil. You can get it at a Target or even a CVS. Coat it with the mink oil and buff it. It conditions the leather and also makes it resist stains. It works great--I have a white Cole Haan that I treat every year and when it gets dirty it cleans up beautifully with saddle soap.

Its on its 5th summer and its still white! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Jules, I would use mink oil. You can get it at a Target or even a CVS. Coat it with the mink oil and buff it. It conditions the leather and also makes it resist stains. It works great--I have a white Cole Haan that I treat every year and when it gets dirty it cleans up beautifully with saddle soap.

Its on its 5th summer and its still white! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Thank you lianne. I have used mink oil in the past, on coats and shoes/boots. I don't want to use anything that would stain this bag, but I trust your advice. Thanks for the recommendation. Now I just need to get the bag...lol. Smile

Valued Contributor

Best of luck with it Jules. I hope its better than the last Roma for all the brave souls ordering!