Honored Contributor

I ordered a pair of shoes I liked from Amazon and the closure was changed by the manufacturer.  Now I can't tighten it snuggly around my heel.

It has taken several phone calls, several contacts with Amazon, two visits from the delivery company, because it was an international order, and filling out the needed hand bill Amazon can't generate.  

What annoys me is the company was identified as "Shoe Brands USA"!

The company wasn't identified as being in Europe!!!

Has anyone had a similar incident?

Honored Contributor

They don't identify overseas companies.  I had a knee injury and couldn't drive for a few weeks so I ordered my favorite cookie - Biscoff since I couldn't go to the store.  There was no Prime so I ordered a place with free shipping never imagining it would take 2 months to get here.  It turns out they were coming from Ireland but nothing indicated that!!  It should be clearly stated when ordering!!  These were cookies that were available at so many other places.  There also was no date for expected receipt but based on my history of orders of non prime, I never anticipated it would take so long!

Trusted Contributor

I refuse to buy from overseas companies anymore, if I can help it.  The one time I did it, I got in trouble with my account getting hacked.  It was traced back to the overseas company.  I think it's terrible that Amazon won't show if a company is overseas.  At least eBay does do that, so I buy alot from there instead.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG

I'm a college educated person but I had no idea what it meant to be torqued at Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Better to stick with purchases sold and fulfilled by Amazon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  I order more and more these days from amazon, all sorts of things. When I cannot tell where or how far away my item is being shipped from I'll email the shipper and ask if it's USA shipped or not and from where. More times than not I won't buy if it ships internationally.

On the flip side, I started doing this because I have ordered items that came direct from China, takes forever and sometimes shipper will email if they need further info from me before it's released from customs. Idiot me going through this right now in fact for a pr of red drapes I ordered. Had no idea they're going through customs.

Anyway, I'd stick with keeping amazon informed of all your hassle with your return because it is overseas and that they (amazon) may want to not do business w/this co. any longer. I hope this all works out for you eventually.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG,

I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience with Amazon. I have a Prime account and their CSR have always been fantastic. To my knowledge they always tell you where their items come from. I am European however I do not recommend buying anything from overseas. They have vendors located in the US who sell my favorite little things, like Vichy mints.🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@ECBG,

I am very sorry that you had such a bad experience with Amazon. I have a Prime account and their CSR have always been fantastic. To my knowledge they always tell you where their items come from. I am European however I do not recommend buying anything from overseas. They have vendors located in the US who sell my favorite little things, like Vichy mints.🌻

@CHIP62,I'm "Prime" too!  My problem was the shoes I wanted were with a vendor in Europe!  No way to tell!  I emailed Amazon and told them we need to be able to see the country our items are coming from, Grrrerrrr!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG,

You are right and they should fix the situation, call them or chat with them, do not give up and let us know how everything ends🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@ECBG,

You are right and they should fix the situation, call them or chat with them, do not give up and let us know how everything ends🌻

@CHIP62,I emailed them and said "Hey!  If you do not list the origin of the seller, we don't know!.".