Trusted Contributor

Re: Has Vionic Quality Changed?

Clarks quality has plunged too.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW ! I had no idea that so many of you felt the same way as I did... nice to know that I am not losing it  ~ 

After many, many pairs of Vionics, i.e.  athletic shoes, boots and sandals, I was totally depressed when two of my last purchases had to be returned... who stole the arch support ?!!

I have a theory... it is a sad one, too ~

Too many times in the past the Q will present a 'winner' product, be it cosmetics, skincare and even footwear so over the top popular, can't keep them in stock, etc... then the company is SOLD to a bigger name who probably manufactures in China and bingo!... goodbye quality control, hello more profits ... too bad consumer, they'll be another company coming round very soon ! 

And the beat goes on ! ~

Jill*

Contributor

I am so glad you took the time to post this so that I, too, can reply.

Yes - the quality of Vionic shoes has definitely gone DOWN DOWN DOWN.  I no longer jump in quickly to buy a Vionic TSV ... actually, I do not purchase at all, usually.  Those cute sneakers that were supposed to be the rage == well, I did something stupid and bought two -white and black.  Back they went -- NO ARCH SUPPORT.  LIAM - are you listening.  What's happened.

Now - my best Vionic sneaker is the Alliance -- I think I actually bought 5-6 pairs and have not gone through all of them yet.  The different reinforcemets at the front of the shoe; great arch support.  Thick support at the back of the shoe and many layers.  I think most would agree - we would pay more for a great shoe.  I'm glad I have spares of this shoe until something good comes along again.  All told, I have at least a dozen pairs of Vionic.   No more ... will have to look for something better because newer styles have no support whatsoever - I don't care what Liam pulls out of those shoes on air ... garbage!  Maybe some of you have my problem ... falling arches, arthritis, RA.  Liam can attest to this ... the Alliance sold, sold, sold tons of sneakers it was so good.

Good luck ladies.

Trusted Contributor

I have been buying my Vionics at Dillards or Nordstroms. Sadly I am convinced that they are a lesser quality at QVC. They just don't fit the same, for me.   

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Vionic. I have several pairs of sandals that I purchased over the years. I can't speak to the quality of the brand because I haven't purchased from them in over a year, but I can speak about the price.

I had my eye on A303890. I really love the metallic option but no way will I pay $99 for a pair of flip flops. Especially since there are mostly bad reviews for them.

Why is this brand so expensive anymore? They'll be pricing themselves out of business pretty soon.

Respected Contributor

I have also tried some Vionics.  I do still wear and like the closed toe slippers.  It seems like they do offer more support than most other brands of slippers.  Any other styles of Vionics have been a disappointment as far as fit goes.   I believe their shoe line is WAY over-priced.  They have a certain "schict" and they repeat and repeat and repeat it.  We could probably draw that line on someone's ankle and leg just like Liam does.

I thought perhaps my feet had changed as each pair of new Vionic shoes became more and more uncomfortable.  I just counted and I actually have 24 pair of Vionics in my closet.  It wasn't until I slipped on an old pair of Tide sandals and discovered that old level of support and comfort. It isn't me that has changed . . . . . . it's Vionic.  Is there anything that can be done to bring back the old quality of these wonderful shoes?  It can't be that they are being made in a cheaper facility as the prices have continued to rise and rise.  Liam, HELP!!!!  We love the old Vionics that let us skip down the street in comfort.

Esteemed Contributor

Vionics was sold last October to Caleres, the parent company of Naturalizer, Ryka, Life Stride, and other shoe brands. Caleres also owns the Famous Footwear shoe stores too.

It would not surprise me to see corners cut in a shoe brand after it's been acquired by another company. I notice that a lot of Naturalizer shoes in stores now are cutting corners on the quality of the leather and the shoe linings, it's noticeable in sandals.

I also think that tariffs on shoes made in China will also have a negative effect on shoe quality as manufacturers and retailers look to mitigate, absorb, or pass along those extra taxes to the customers.

Honored Contributor

I’ve been in denial because I ❤️ my Vionics, but yes, it does seem that they have changed.  The arch support seems to be less supportive.  I, too, used to jump all over Vionic TSVs, buying multiple pair, but I haven’t bought a new pair since last summer’s TSV.  I purchased a pair of soft-bed Birkenstocks while out shopping on Wednesday & they are on my feet right now.  I had forgotten how great they feel because I’ve been wearing Vionics exclusively the past few years.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Not just me then..........it is hit and miss with this brand.

There is a way to have a contoured foot bed and cush too.

EARTH shoes have found that sweet spot........Vionics have not.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT