Regular Contributor

Ok I have too many pairs of Vionics to count from their sandals to hiking boots to sneakers to slippers etc. Is it just me or have the quality/comfort changed in the last year? I ordered the recent TSV sandal and got them today and they will probably be going back. The footbed is different then other Vionic sandals I have and is is uncomfortable so far and hurts. This happen to me with the TSV leather sneaker they had at the end of last summer. I ended giving them away. I have been buying Vionics for the last 4 years now and it's just been this past year that I am finding their footbeds are becoming harder and more uncomfortable. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Vionic? I think it might be time to move on to another primary brand for my foot issues.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Has Vionic Quality Changed?

I, too, have noticed that although there is an orthotic, there is absolutely no padding or comfort in these shoes anymore.  Very sad.

Respected Contributor

@hotbuyer

I think that the type of foot bed is the most important thing when deciding whether to buy Vionics or not.

I too have at least two, maybe three pairs that are not as supportive as they should have been. The two footbeds that work best for me from this company are the tide foot bed and the closed-slipper foot bed.  Any of their athletic shoes are a gamble.  They are just of average quality and support and I know there are better/more supportive choices for my foot. Saucony works great for me (supportive in the arches and very long-lasting).

The Vionic styles that I am always cautious of are their athletic shoes, wedges, or suede foot beds.  They do not feel the same and the arch support hits me very differently than the tide or slipper foot bed.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a pair of driving mocs "made with genuine leather." The only genuine leather was on the soles. The upper part - the part that showed - was manmade. I was so disppointed! I'll continue to buy their sandals, manmade or not, because they're comfy. However, I will not buy any more Vionic closed-toe shoes, for fear of this happening again. Manmade is fine for sandals, but my tootsies really need real leather if they're going to trapped inside all day.

Trusted Contributor

I have the closed toe slippers (love!), 2 pair of ballet flats, and a pair of loafers.  I got all of them from Zappo's where I can read the reviews for sizing and comfort, and return so easily.  I can wear any of those all day long with no discomfort. I agree there are much better athletic type shoes out there and I'm never tempted by the wedges or anything made for QVC only.  

Regular Contributor

Whew ok glad it is just not me that has noticed the difference in the footbeds/support lately. I didn't buy the last TSV in Vionics before the sandals in fear they would be similar to the TSV shoes from the summer. Thanks all for the replies.

Super Contributor

I tried on two of the thong-type sandals at a large nation-wide shoe warehouse. I wanted so much to like them. One had a little black tied bow...really cute. Unfortunately I felt like my foot was sliding down the arch support. It was weird...I tried a size smaller but it just didn't work for me. Bummer.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the flip flops.  I have a couple of pairs of shoes by them, a dressy pair of espadrilles and a pair of Mary Janes.  While I like them the flip flops are what I wear most.   I found the same situation with Clarks.  I used to love those shoes but IMO the quality has gone way down but not the price!  And forget about sizing!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I did wonder about this because Carolyn said on Carolyn's Closet the other day that Vionic had reorganized, hired designers, etc.  She also said they were still focused on good support so maybe that's not a factor.  But it makes you stop and think.  

Respected Contributor

I just got my new TSVs and they seem to fit like my old ones.  This is my first pair of man made but I didn't feel the quality went down and the price reflected the non-leather material, but no issues on this end.

Deb