Contributor

Does the one inch sole at the front section of the wedge shoes make you feel like you you're marching instead of taking regular steps.  I thought I noticed Carolyn walking a little differently when she had on a pair last week.  The Fly Londons are so cute I'd love to try a pair, but I'm 70 and not sure I could get use to the thicker sole at the toe section.  

Respected Contributor

@buddysgirl

Good question.  I've wondered this myself.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

Hi, @buddysgirl!  I have the Fly London Yadi and love it.  I will be 63 this month and have been replacing my older heels from my working days with wedges or lower heels.  I like the European sizing; I find the footbed a little wider than US-sized shoes, which accommodates my bunions.  I like the wedge heel with the platform at the toe, which makes the shoe feel more like a flat.  I walk with my natural gait and don’t feel like I’m marching or stomping around.  Hope this helps!

Contributor

MJDinVegas, yes, that does help.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@buddysgirl.............I dont have any London Fly shoes but I do have Clarks and Earth.  I have the thick sole shoes and I really like them.  They prevent you from walking on the balls of your feet when you have heels or wedgies on.  

I dont know if the its the same show I saw with Carolyn walking clodhopper style, but I did recently see a show where she had on a pair of clog type shoes with no heel or strap and she appeared to be trying to keep them on her feet.  This summer I have given up any shoe without straps or heels because I am 73 and have a inner ear balance problem and slides are not working for me anymore.

Try them I think you will find they are very comfortable and safe.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor
I aM a retired teacher now in retail to keep active and work with color which I love.

I stood for 37 years and wear Fly London on the floor of the clothing store where I work. As the top stylist, I run all day. I have about 10 pair. They're easy to walk in, feel like marshmallows, and bend with your foot.

You can see me in Outfit Of The Day.
Respected Contributor

I have 4 pairs of Fly Londons and they are like walking on air. {not to be funny but I walk like a duck} They dont skip or scrape the bottom of the floor or street. They are comfortable too.

Hope this helps.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18