Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking for a comofrtable, but relatively stylish pair of sneakers to wear and am thinking of the upcoming TSV (A298996). They look a little narrow in the toe box. Any feedback would be appreciated. I've never tried this brand. I love Ryka's but their newest styles are too narrow for me. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Do Vionic shoes run narrow?

I think most of the Vionics I have run pretty true to width.  My right foot is actually a D width because it was crushed when I was eleven.  I can even wear regular width Vionic mules, but I usually wear a wide Vionic if I can get it.  I don't have that particular pair of sneakers, but I do have a pair of an earlier model, and they were sold as a wide width, and fit very well.  Since the upcoming TSV is available in wide widths, why not order it that way, so you can be sure it will fit?  With the formed insole, your foot does not slip around inside a Vionic, so even if the wide footbed is more than you need, all that will happen is that your toes will spread out a little wider because they have some extra room, your heel in the heel cup and your arch over the arch support will hold your foot in place.

Honored Contributor

For me they run more narrow and also small.

Honored Contributor

I have a narrow foot and have a few pair of Vionic sneakers.  I would not have wanted them any narrower than they are.   So yes, I do feel they run narrow (which has been a good thing for me).

Honored Contributor

It's fascinating to see people saying they think Vionics run narrow. I have about 10 pair of Vionics of all types. I have a solid medium-width foot - have never worn anything but a medium width in any shoe. I feel that every medium width Vionic shoe I have except the sneakers run wide. All the sandals of any type, the mules and even slightly the slip-ons. Many others in reviews also say they feel Vionics run wide.

In the sneakers, for me at least I have plenty of room. I feel they are quite comfortably roomy in the toe box, even with socks of some kind. I have never gotten a pair of Vionics that I considered to run narrow. Ever.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I have several pairs of their sneakers.  I wear an 8M and they run true to size.

Trusted Contributor

I have a pair of slip-on tennis shoes and ordered the wide. They were perfect.

Super Contributor

I'm tempted by these as well.. Sizing for me in their shoes varies.

Sandals and open toe wedges 7-7.5 if half sizes are offered medium.

Closed toe boots, I take an 8.5 medium.

Open toe boots, I take an 8 medium.

I'm thinking I might try these in an 8 medium due to being closed toe flat shoe. 

But there's a chance the heel pitch might push me into an 8.5

I tried the mesh hydra in the past and couldn't get a good fit in those.

Respected Contributor

There aren't too many reviews on the TSV, but there are some that say they run short and narrow.  In the description, it actuallys says to order up 1/2 size.

I have a wide toe box, but a really narrow heel.  If I order wide, will the heel be wider too?  That's what I'm afraid of.  

I have never bought a wide in my life.  If they are too narrow, I usually just try on something else rather than try the wide width.  I'm not sure why.

I am already going to order up 1/2 a size as directed, but I don't know about the width.  Can anyone help me?

I really want to try these shoes since I have a lot of foot problems.

Thank you!