Trusted Contributor
Just read where clarks is closing several retail stores in the u.k. and usa. Might be closing for good after 125 years
Respected Contributor

That is sad news.  I don't like to see any business close its doors, especially after 125 years.  We had a Clarks Store at our local mall.  It closed a while ago, way before the pandemic hit.

Respected Contributor

Maybe they will eventually have only an on-line presence.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

While I love Clarks shoes and own many pairs, I've never bought them in a Clark's store. All of my Clarks purchases have either been online at various websites or at other B&M stores. Granted, I wear a size 9M, so fit isn't usually an issue. 

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
Just read where clarks is closing several retail stores in the u.k. and usa. Might be closing for good after 125 years

@willomenia   I've been to the Clark's store in a mall about 1/2 hour away. The store is small with limited styles and sizes. If you know your size and what's a good fit...I'm a 7 1/2 M in their sandals, flats, boots, etc., there's better selections, prices, sales online. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a smart cost cutting move.   Free standing shoe stores that just sell one brand of shoes can't possibly stay in business in these trying times.   Online sales are the way to go.   

Honored Contributor

I hope QVC brings back the Ashland Bubble Clark's slip on. I missed that one. I want the navy snake in 8 W.   All I can find online is the leather plain one I want the 'snake'. LOL

wonder if they plan to bring 'em back.

Contributor

OHHH NOOOO   I love clarks that would be such a shame 

Esteemed Contributor

I have bought a lot of Clarks at QVC over the years because I have wide feet and they feature wide shoes.  But the quality of the items I have purchased has been in decline.  Sizing is inconsistent and they have unisoles, no distinct heel, I guess to lower production costs.  I have reduced my purchases in this line.

Respected Contributor

The only Clarks I was ever happy with were shoes from the "Unstructured" line. The quality of materials and the fit were very good.  They cost more, but I was willing to pay to get the fit and durability of the shoes.  Oh well, they changed that line.  Amy Oleskin announced a couple of years ago that the "Unstructured" line would now be more "fashion forward."  In plain language, that meant poor quality, but cute.  I don't buy Clarks anymore.  I won't be sad to see their decline.  There are many other good quality shoes to choose.  If you like made in USA, try the SAS (San Antonio Shoes) brand.  Not available on QVC though.