Respected Contributor

I have flat feet and wear size 10.  I got insoles from my podiatrist but I hate them.  They hurt!  I have tried other cheaper brands but no luck.  I tried a pair of Spenco sandles which i wear around the house and they seem ok.  Looking at the Vionic sneakers but in the past the arch in Vionic was too high for me and again caused discomfort.  How are the sneakers as far as support?  Same as the shoes?

Respected Contributor

Did you ever try rockport shoes? My friend has flat feet and they are the only brand she can wear. It is worth a try.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl  Did you try to wear the insoles for a short amount of time...say 30 minutes or so per day and then gradually work up to a longer amount of time.

I wear Vionic and the first time I wore them, they were a little uncomfortable and I followed what they said in the presentation, to work up to wearing them all the time.  Now they are all I wear, and are very comfortable to me.

They sell "custom" inserts at walmart - where you put your foot in the machine and they tell you which one should work.  I think they are about $25, so that may be worth trying.  There is a kiosk (all self service) by the pharmacy, Dr. Scholls, and you can search online for any location that may have the kiosk.  Just look for Dr Scholl's Kiosk Finder and you should be able to find a location near you.

In regards to the Vionic, I find the "tide" sandals have a much higher arch then their sneakers, but in their sandals, I size down 1/2 a size, and in their shoes, I size up 1/2 a size.  I was told this by a local store that sold Vionic shoes, and it works for me.  You will probably have good luck with their sneakers (I wear a 9.5 in normal shoes, but a 10 in all of my Vionic shoes/boots)

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I too have flat feet and I gave Vionics a good try, but they were never comfortable. I know they work for many people, but not for me. Google shoes that work for flat feet, you can get some ideas.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I have the very same issues.  I've found that Ryka works best for me.

Super Contributor

I have very flat feet and Vionics and HOKA are the only brands I can wear without my feet hurting throughout the day.

Honored Contributor

I too have perfectly flat feet.  They don't usually cause aches and I've never looked for a shoe to address the situation.  But what annoys me is how the soles wear excessively at the heel, on the outside of each foot.  When I can, and when it's worth it, I get the shoes resoled.

Honored Contributor

I have flat feet and agree that an arch support can feel like a boulder in your shoe.  I've tried many brands and find the built in arch support is often too much.  I can wear Spencer but they're so cheaply made they look ratty after just a little wear.  I think Alegria is a nice compromise, well made with a comfortable but not intrusive arch support.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

From what I read flatfoot needs to be addressed  early on when children begin to walk .

Respected Contributor

NOTHING can cure flat feet.  In my case they are hereditary.  My dad had flat feet.  WHen I was a child they tried to make me wear horrible shoes that looked like they were for boys and I refused!  We still laugh about that.