Esteemed Contributor

I just received Clarks Loafers, Raisie Eletta. After I ordered them and read the reviews, they all said the shoes ran long. Sure enough, I ordered 6-1/2 wide (my size) and they were falling off my feet. Clarks shoe sizes change whenever the wind blows. Back they go.

Honored Contributor

@kivah I received a pair of Clarks kitten heel pumps yesterday, Heavenly whatever they're called. I wear a 10W and they were falling off my feet too with every step.  Back they go. Have a peep toe pair coming today, those will probably have to go back too. Reviews were good on both and I never read that they ran big. They were on sale and 30 percent off that.

DISCLAIMER I know I should just be trying shoes on in the store, but my life is such that I can't take all the time needed to do that for my very problematic feet( I'm a caregiver). Clarks has free shipping and free returns, so I am willing to chance it. 10W is very hard to find in stores anyway.

Not to mention the fact that UPS destroyed the box to the point that it was open, but that's a whole other story.

Clarks sizing used to be reliable.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

I, also, had the same problem with a pair of Clark's loafers last month  and had to return them as they were too big.  I've ordered Clarks shoes before, and they always fit.  Now, I'm hesitant to order from them. 

Honored Contributor

I wore Clark's shoes and boots for years and they were always true to size, but not any more.

Respected Contributor

The hosts and models need to try them on before they are presented and warn you of the sizing.  They would have less returns.

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet

Amy and the other female vendors from Clarks should be wearing the shoes before bragging about how great they are - when presenting on QVC. I noticed lately that Amy doesn't even mention sizing -- ie, buy ur usual size.

People from the Clarks company should also have women wearing and rating their shoes.

Honored Contributor

I ordered mine from Clarks site, I've learned my lesson re buying shoes from QVC. I only buy from Zappos and any other sites with free shipping and returns.

They both went back yesterday. I called UPS to complain about the crushed box and they picked them up at my home. The second pair was in a shipping bag, that had a rip in it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@chiclet,   The Q would not want to do that because now they can keep the shipping charges and who knows they may also receive money from the $6.95 label.  I know they charge you $6.95 but it they buy the labels in bulk they may receive a discount.  

kindness is strength