Contributor
I suggested that the shoes come with an expiration date like a carton of milk. This would be posted on the box or shoe. Customer service rep was not amused.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sarah from the South 

the shoes should also have a warning on the box, "wear at ur own risk."

Occasional Contributor

I'm late to the party here ladies, but came to find out if anyone else has had their Clarks fall apart on their feet as I did.  I pride myself in keeping my good leather shoes (and also my inexpensive ones) in pristine condition, as I am not hard on my shoes and they last for years.  Last Saturday I took my Clarks black clogs out to wear and after walking around in the house for a few minutes walked out onto my porch and when I looked down I saw a loose peice of the leather binding separating from the side of the shoe.  I was so disappointed as they still look brand new even though they are quite a few years old but not a shoe I wore a lot.  The pair I have were made with the thick stitching thread and I imagine this thread dry rotted, hence the shoe fell apart upon wearing.  I checked the other shoe and sure enough, the other shoe was falling apart.  I hate throwing good leather shoes in the trash when all other parts of them are in good condtion.  I blamed myself for keeping them in the cardboard box too long.  Perhaps out of the box they would have fared better. Thanks for listening.

Honored Contributor

I had probably 4 pairs of these types of clogs ---and I literally wore them down to where there were holes in the bottoms and they split along the stitching--and I had  them for at least 15 years!!! they were the best shoes I ever wore. I have a few new pairs now that are great too. I got my $ out of those clogs.