Esteemed Contributor

Athletic shoe and clothing brands I've never owned/worn

Athletic shoes are now the "It" accessory to own and wear, especially athletic shoes if you are young. 

Well I'm a baby boomer and when I think of famous name brand athletic shoes and clothes that I may have worn or owned in the past, I've never owned anything by Adidas, Under Armour, or Hurley. I've also never owned anything by Lululemon either and almost never visit that store even though it's in a local mall.

How about everyone here?

Honored Contributor

Re: Athletic shoe and clothing brands I've never owned/worn

Baby Boomers went through their own "it" sneaker phase for quite some time.  It was Nike, Reebok, Brooks, New Balance and Adidas.  We wore jogging suits.  Youth are wearing what they call athleisure.  So, youth haven't started a new trend.  

Athletic sneakers are no longer "it" for me, so the other brands you mention are of no interest.  My Nikes and Reeboks do just fine for walking, but I usually wear comfortable fashion sneakers and those things called shoes.  

Honored Contributor

I despise "athleisure wear", and don't own any athletic wear.  When I need new sneakers for the treadmill I go for comfort, and couldn't care less what brand they are because they will never be worn out of the house.

Respected Contributor

As a teen, I liked Adidas and Nike shoes.   Now what I wear for exercise are either Brooks or Asics and I like Puma for at leisure.

Honored Contributor

I like brooks running shoes.They are kind of expensive but really great for my troubled feet....wear running shoes most of the time and I have more pairs than shoes...not to be fashionable though.

Esteemed Contributor

@TY I'm a Boomer too and have never owned any of the brands you mentioned. I have a pair of scetchers and a pair of nikes now for my walks.  Wore Reebok alot back in the day,Keds when I was a kid.  There wasn't the array of brands when I was a child.  Most of my clothes are "athleisure" thats my life style.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I’m pre-boomer era. I I don’t pay much attention to brand names. I grew up in urban area and never wore sneakers as a kid.

As adult I generally avoid brand names. All my sneakers come from LandsEnd. My lifestyle doesn’t require “athliesure” wear. My own version of “reverse-snobbery.” I avoid anything that’s easily identifiable as a particular brand/label.