Esteemed Contributor

Between 8 to 11 years ago, I purchased 12 pairs of Clarks Clogs - with the accordion heel - from QVC. This type of shoe was the most comfortable for me - and I loved the rich leather and beautiful colors.

Several years ago, I started reading complaints about how the bottom of the shoe separated from the sole. At that time, I didn't have that problem. A few years later, 6 of my 12 pairs of clogs started separating. So I had 6 more pairs of the accordion hell clogs left. I haven't worn them in a while - since I have so many other Clarks shoes/clogs, Rykas and Birkenstocks.

This morning I decided to wear the bright wine color Clark Clogs (accordion heel with the suede piece on the top of the shoe near my ankle) and I kept looking at the clogs and wondered why they're still intact. Well - I just looked down - again - and both shoes started separating at the front area by my toe. I found my QVC receipt (I keep all of them) and I purchased this pair almost 11 yrs ago. I remember the vendor was Steve. Mahoney -- before Amy!!!!

Amazing!!!!

I just tossed them in the trash -- and I'll miss them, as I miss the 6 other pairs.

Honored Contributor

@kivah.  I loved that style too.  Last fall they had a TSV clog with the springer heel.  I just wondered if they'd bothered to correct the problem with the separating parts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Yes!  One by one I have had this exact issue with my Clarks Sandlesl/clogs... It has been so disappointing as I take very great care of my things.  I have had to throw them out one by one as they have disintegrated off of my feet.  I hope and pray this doesn’t  happen with my expensive and favorite collection of tall boots.  I hesitate to purchase this brand but I have heard that this sole is used in many brands and is not exclusively a clarks problem.  This sole is made and pops out of a mold that makes it a throw away product.  Humidity and dry climates excelerate the problem...and they suggest not storing them in the original card board box....don’t buy shoes ahead of when you will be using them for the seasons.  Very disappointed!

Esteemed Contributor

@Seashell girl 

I read that the bottom of the shoes are glued to the leather top - not stitched - so they dry out. I have a large customized walk-in closet with shelves - so they got plenty of air. This also happened to a pair of White Mountain Clogs - purchased from the Q. I also had 2 pair of leather Born loafers --- after several years, the same thing.

I wear a 6-1/2 wide or 7 wide shoe --- and most brands are not comfortable. When I find a pair of shoes that are comfortable - I buy 2 pair - or more.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clarks Clogs

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

This last Christmas, I purchased 1 pair of Leisa Carly (clogs) - Navy - on sale for $53. and 2 pairs of Cheyn Madi (loafers), Navy & Dark Tan - on sale for $58. and the other I paid $51. All from clarksusa dot com. I won't ever buy the accordion (or springer) heel.

Contributor
I have had 4 pairs of Clarks clogs purchased at QVC disintegrate. They sell as great leather uppers, but neglect to tell you that even though the upper is quality that the sole has a shelf life of only three to six years.
This is what I was told by Clarks’ customer service.
They said that leaving in a box is the worse thing to do.
Sitting on a shelf guarantees a short life span. I find it disingenuous that the host and rep state that they will last forever when it is a known fact that shoe sole has a limited short lifespan. I have noticed that the sole material is no longer stated on the product description. You need to go to Clarks site to find out what the exact material is made from.
I would be very hesitant to purchase a pair of Clarks shoes since they seem to still be selling shoes with the inferior sole. My leather/suede uppers were still in great condition, but that doesn’t do much good when the sole disintegrates or upper separates from sole.
This is the description QVC used which was inaccurate-Padded insole, durable outsole.
Clarks’ Customer service told me that I needed to start wearing the shoes immediately. I have many shoes and it defeats the purpose of having a shoe wardrobe with lots of variety if when you choose to wear the shoe it disintegrates as you take a step.
Contributor

Very irritating!  I too purchase multiples of items that work well  for me...including shoes.  I have slowed way down in purchasing clarks brand of shoes due to this sole problem.  I would think they would change the materials if they are having issues, but they still continue with this inferior rubber sole. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clarks Clogs

[ Edited ]

@Sarah from the South 

Of the 7 pairs of clarks clogs that separated --- 6 pairs separated while I was in my house. One pair separated while I was sitting on a dental chair - having my teeth cleaned. All of a sudden, my left shoe fell off my foot and was hanging. The dental hygenist and I had a great laugh. I said, I'm glad it's the left shoe as I have to drive home.

Imagine this happening when ur out for the day or night and not close to home!!!!!

The bottom of the shoes is "plastic" - not rubber.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

I did buy that clog - and the shoe felt like rubber - not leather. I sent it back.

Honored Contributor

I purchased three pair of Clarks clogs here, not this particular style, with each one of them the sole separated from the leather within 12 - 18 months.

They were very cute and comfy, the newer styles are, IMO, Clunky.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras