Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are Your Feet the Same Size?

I don't know if one foot is bigger than the other, but I find that it is getting more difficult to buy shoes.  It seems like I fluctuate between an 8.5 to a 10.  I cannot figure this out, but sizing seems to be off with so many manufacturers.  I don't remember ever having that problem in years past.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My feet seem to be the same size.  My daughter has one foot bigger than the other.  She worked in a shoe store while in college and learned how to put a pad under the shoe lining at the ball of the foot. This fills  the space so that her shoe fits the smaller foot.

I think it is normal to have one side of your body bigger than the other.  The fingers on my right hand are slightly larger than the left.

Honored Contributor

My feet used to be the same. But since I was diagnosed with scleroderma, my toes have become a little deformed...some are crooked and some are curled more than the others. So that makes fitting into shoes difficult. One foot is definitely wider than the other. One foot feels like it has more skin on it...if that makes any sense. Weird disease.

Honored Contributor

If you're right "handed" then that hand and foot will be slightly larger .  You will usually tend to lead with the right when walking or running.

Of course, the same is true for left handers.

Respected Contributor

I am right handed but my left foot has a higher instep and is not quite a half-size larger; my left hand fingers are slightly longer than on my right hand. I buy shoes that fit my left foot and gloves that fit my left hand.

Esteemed Contributor

Both my feet wear an 8.

Honored Contributor

Both my feet are size 7.

Respected Contributor

I was talking to a friend and she has the same problem. My left foot is bigger and her right foot is bigger. We both wear the same size. We decided to go shoe shopping together. We would each buy a pair of shoes then tradeWoman Very Happy

I never had this problem till I got older. My feet have changed and I'm getting shorterWoman LOL