Occasional Contributor

First, I love the comfort of Skechers and I have many! But in short time of wearing, they smell so bad-yes, like horrible stinky feet. The tennis shoes do not smell only the slip ons. I have tried the washing machine, putting out in the sun, oxyclean, baking soda, vinegar-you name it. Still smells BAD! There seems to be several threads on the internet about this very problem. I was hoping some of my QVC shoppers might have a solution! 

Honored Contributor

Wear footies and/or use foot powder.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

In between laundering, spray inside the shoe with Lysol spray disinfectant.  

Honored Contributor

If the shoes were made in China, the smell maybe formaldehyde.

You won't get it out and you risk skin problems

Honored Contributor

I wear their no see um socks and I don't have that problem. Sweaty feet will stink up your shoes, any shoes.

Honored Contributor

Odor absorbing insoles, Febreze Extra Srength fabric refresher, store 'em with dryer sheets stuffed inside.

Trusted Contributor

@carjamwrote:

First, I love the comfort of Skechers and I have many! But in short time of wearing, they smell so bad-yes, like horrible stinky feet. The tennis shoes do not smell only the slip ons. I have tried the washing machine, putting out in the sun, oxyclean, baking soda, vinegar-you name it. Still smells BAD! There seems to be several threads on the internet about this very problem. I was hoping some of my QVC shoppers might have a solution! 

@carjam

Do you wear them without socks?

How often do you wash your feet?

Have you ever tried putting them in the washing machine?

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Re: Stinky Skechers

[ Edited ]

Everyones feet sweat....I own many of the skechers slip on sandals kind and rotate them to avoid the stink issue you speak of LOL!  I will wipe the foot bed with a plain unscented baby wipe and let them dry.  The type of sandal I own is not something you can wear socks with (you shouldn't anyway some men do) and powder would be visible.  Just wipe them out every few days and let dry.

Super Contributor

It's the synthetic insoles.  I can't wear shoes with microfiber insoles or that foam material.  Practically cooks my feet.  I have to wear leather. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wear my Skechers without socks a lot, and they aren't smelly at all.  But I have quite a few pairs and don't wear the same ones day after day, so maybe that's why?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett