Respected Contributor

Another Walmart No Brainer.......

[ Edited ]

.....this time for people looking for excellent overall and arch support in a casual slide. Avia Hightail Slide ($9.00) is for home, yard, beach, pool use. I've been wearing them for two days. Excellent stability and my feet don't slide on the textured footbed.

Available in black or white in medium; black in wide.

Sizing: Whole sizes only. I normally wear 9.5 M, but I bought 10W because my feet swell in the summer. They're a little big because my feet aren't swollen right now. I'm going back to get 10M in white, but I think I could use 9 M or W or 10 M or W depending on the day.

I bet I'm going to start wearing these everywhere because of the stability and support.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Walmart No Brainer.......

Avia Women's Hightail Slide

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Thank you so much for recommending these slides.  I bought a pair today in WalMart.  I normally wear a size 7 but it was way too big/long in this slide.  So, I bought a size 6 (even had some swelling) as my feet also swell when the temps heat up here in Texas.  I've been looking for a pair with a good arch support & to put on after I get out of the shower & these definitely fit the bill.  The price of $9.00 is great!!  Thanks again!!

Respected Contributor

I went back to get a 10M in white and was surprised that the 10M was MUCH longer and wider than the 10W. 

Honored Contributor

I got the pool Birks because at the beach climbing over the noted place to get over the dunes my heels twist.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  Are you talking about the big dunes at Kitty Hawk? They're exhausting to climb! In any shoes, but I would have to wear sneakers. Nothing open back.

Regular Contributor

Those slides are adorable! Walmart has really upped their fashion game in the last year. I acutally have found some really cute denim shorts and casual slip-on sneakers there too! I've been pleasantly surprised.  

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 I have a pair of PILlOW SLIDES  that look like these that I ordered from Amazon last year in yellow.  They are easy to wear in the house and I will check these out as well.  

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 , I wanted to post to say thank you for the info on these shoes.

I found some at our local Walmart and ordered them online to pick up.  I ordered a pair of black in 8 med and one in 7 med.  The 8 is way too big, but the 7 fits well.

They are very comfortable.  My DH has a pair of crocs and loves his; however, I don't like the feel of the "needle like" pins on the bottom of my foot - these don't have them.

So, thank you!  I just wish they had other colors.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@ECBG  Are you talking about the big dunes at Kitty Hawk? They're exhausting to climb! In any shoes, but I would have to wear sneakers. Nothing open back.

@PickyPicky3 

No.  The burm they pushed up year before last to protect the beach after a hurricane.