Respected Contributor

Re: if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

If it just isn't very good, but edible I'll eat it. Now if my steak is overdone when I've said medium-rare, or the food is just plain horrible and taste bad then I would send it back.

I have received the wrong pizza before and have called to let them know. I believe they sent a new one and gave us a discount on our next order.

Honored Contributor

Re: if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

I would call the manager, tell them that the food wasn't good, that I wasn't going to pay for it and leave. I would never send food back because of all the scary stories of the cooks doing something terrible to the food. And I wouldn't pay $50.00 per person.

We don't go out to eat very often but when we do, it is a place that we know is good.

Valued Contributor

I went through the drive thought the other day and ordered a hamburger and i asked for it to have just maio, well i got my meal and pulled away to the parking lot and checked my burger and it was loaded with everything, now i love a burger like that but my tummy was acting up so i got it plain!! I drove around and asked for them to replace it,, she was just a really not nice person!!! and chewed me out by saying i dident ask for it that way, I told her i was sorry that maybe she did not hear me..needless to say they made another one..and i pulled around again and it was the same burger, she gave me back the same burger!!! Smiley Sad(( I mean she told me she did not care about anything..she really scared me..I was shocked. she was so sarcastic!!.I'll never go there again..then the next day we had pizza delivered from another place... and it was burnt..bad week altogether!! Is it different on how much money you pay or your food? for sending it back??

I didn't eat the burger, cause of the bad things you hear, i tossed it and went someplace else!!

I dont pay 50.00 it was just a starting pointing!!

Do any of you have anything like that happen??

TY for all your input..I sometimes hate to take things back..

Honored Contributor

Yes, if I'm not happy with the food I order at a restaurant, I do send it back.

I don't order food to be delivered anymore but, yes, I'd call (and have) on that, too.

Respected Contributor

On 7/15/2014 Britbrit13 said:

I went through the drive thought the other day and ordered a hamburger and i asked for it to have just maio, well i got my meal and pulled away to the parking lot and checked my burger and it was loaded with everything, now i love a burger like that but my tummy was acting up so i got it plain!! I drove around and asked for them to replace it,, she was just a really not nice person!!! and chewed me out by saying i dident ask for it that way, I told her i was sorry that maybe she did not hear me..needless to say they made another one..and i pulled around again and it was the same burger, she gave me back the same burger!!! Smiley Sad(( I mean she told me she did not care about anything..she really scared me..I was shocked. she was so sarcastic!!.I'll never go there again..then the next day we had pizza delivered from another place... and it was burnt..bad week altogether!! Is it different on how much money you pay or your food? for sending it back??

I didn't eat the burger, cause of the bad things you hear, i tossed it and went someplace else!!

DH and I have hardly ever sent food back due to the fact we are afraid of what they will do to it LOL. I have gone home and called a place that I have driven through to tell them about a problem and tell them I do not want anything, just thought they would like to know. I just did this with our local Publix (from Lakeland, so I love them) deli. They got the order all wrong and put the rolls on top of the veggies. This is not how Publix operates and I did call.

Respected Contributor

I'd send it back and have when eating out.

I pick up pizza. Domino's is the only place that delivers pizza, and I don't buy pizza there.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered scallops at a fairly "upscale" seafood restaurant a few years ago, and when they came, they were the very large ones and basically raw. Now I realize that most seafood doesn't need to be cooked too long, but it was like they just drug them across the fire and plopped them on my plate. They did go back, and they sent me a new plate. I cannot eat raw seafood.

If I get the wrong thing at a fast food drive thru, and I don't realize it until I get home, I might just keep whatever they gave me and call and speak to the manager. That's if I got something I could eat--they usually offer something free as compensation. I did have to turn around and take a whole meal back once and they gave me a new meal and a refund of my money as well.

When I was younger, I would never in a million years have sent something back or complained, but older is wiser - it's my money, and I want what I pay for.....

Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 Britbrit13 said:

If your experience was that bad, I would contact the manager, especially about the poor customer service.

How much money you spend has nothing to do with it. If I get the wrong order or the food is terrible, I'll send it back because that's not what I paid for. If it's just not as good as I think it should be, I won't send it back, but I'll let the management know at the end of the meal.

For what it's worth, I also let the management know if the food or service was exceptionally good.

Honored Contributor

Can't imagine doing that unless it had rat hair or dirt all over it or there was something on it I cannot eat. I'm not that fussy and demanding. If I really don't want it I just won't eat it but for me it's not worth fussing over as I've witnessed some horrible displays that people put on when they aren't happy with their food as it wasn't precisely what they wanted. I always thing eating out is a risk as everything cannot always be perfect and if I was fussy then I wouldn't go out to eat.

Super Contributor

It all depends on the situation.......ordered pizza at our local place......ordered garlic chicken but the waitress brought BBQ chicken instead. We told her and she offered to have another pizza made......but we just ate the BBQ one instead....... It wasn't a big deal. But I ordered a ribeye steak medium rare at a good steakhouse and it came out well done, dry and burned. I might have eaten the well done but the burned taste was terrible. The waiter said that he ordered it correctly but after a wait he brought out a properly cooked steak. Of course my dinner was late, my friend's dinner was cold although I asked her to go ahead and eat she insisted on waiting.