Valued Contributor

Re: if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

It depends. If it immediately seems uncooked (I order a lot of fish) I will have it returned to the kitchen and cooked/fixed, whatever. If something is just not to my liking, or just 'meh', then I typically don't.

I worked in restaurants for many years and it was THE most annoying thing ever when a customer would get to the end of their meal, finish pretty much all of it, and then tell the servers that they didn't like it. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} Typically, in a restaurant that trains its staff well, a server will approach your table within minutes of you receiving your food to make sure that all is to your liking. If you tell your server that everything is fine, eat everything on your plate, and THEN tell them that you didn't like it, it appears that your looking for a free meal. Or some kind of discount. Which, IMO, is ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

Re: if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

Sometimes I send it back. It depends upon how hungry I am.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 7/21/2014 stilltamn8r said:
On 7/15/2014 gazelle77 said: I like things my way...thus I do not eat out ever.
Wow, that says a lot...

Wink

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"