Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Two easy recipes off top of my head ....

1 pkg cream cheese,softened

1 can lump crabmeat

Mix together and top with cocktail sauce.

Serve with crackers,

1 pkg cream cheese, softened

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 cup salsa

Mix together and serve with dipper/scoop type chips

Regular Contributor

1 can Ro Tel original tomatoes and chilis

I container sour cream

1package Hidden Valley Fiesta Dip

Drain can of tomatoes and chili s (important step)

Add to sour cream and Fiesta dip mix.  Stir well.  Refrigerate.

Serve with taco chips.

Can't get much easier and always gets a request for the recipe.

Esteemed Contributor

I made this adorable snowman and snowballs dip for a Christmas potluck and it was a huge hit (you can omit the snowman face and sprinkle on some chopped scallions or parsley just before serving for use throughout the year):

Snowman Dip with Snowball Dippers

ROLLS*
1 tube Pillsbury French Bread dough or 11-14 oz of your favorite bread dough
1 Tbsp melted butter
Sea salt or kosher salt

DIP
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 C mayonnaise
12 oz shredded chicken (use rotisserie chicken or 1 large can)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
7 large black olives
1 small carrot

Preheat oven to 350. Brush some butter on the inside of a 10" or 12" skillet or a 10" or 12" baking dish. Cut bread dough into 12 slices and roll each slice into a ball. Arrange the balls around the edge of the skillet/dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle on a bit of salt. For the dip, place all ingredients except olives and carrot in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Spoon dip into the center of the skillet/dish and spread into an even layer so that it touches the edge of the dough. Bake for 35-38 minutes until the bread is baked through and lightly browned. Cut the carrot into a 3-4" pointed piece. Remove the skillet from oven and brush more butter over the bread. Decorate the dip with 2 whole black olive eyes (oriented horizontally), one carrot nose, and 5 black olives (oriented vertically) for the smile. Serve warm.

*You can use frozen brown-and-serve rolls instead (as shown in the photo here since all my local stores were out of the French dough); simply put the dip in the oven for 15 minutes before adding the rolls (no butter or salt needed) and then bake for 15-18 more minutes until dip is warmed through and rolls are done. You can also just bake the dip in a 9" pie dish and serve rolls or crackers separately.

snowmandip.png

Respected Contributor

My DIL serves this at every family gathering.  There is never any left.

Super Bowl Chicken Dip

1 pound or so shredded, cooked chicken meat
1 pound cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo Hot Sauce
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded

Heat chicken and hot sauce in skillet over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook and stir ‘til blended and warm. Mix in half the cheddar cheese.

Transfer to slow cooker. Top with remaining cheese, cover and set on low to keep warm.

Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

My DIL serves this at every family gathering.  There is never any left.

Super Bowl Chicken Dip

1 pound or so shredded, cooked chicken meat
1 pound cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo Hot Sauce
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded

Heat chicken and hot sauce in skillet over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook and stir ‘til blended and warm. Mix in half the cheddar cheese.

Transfer to slow cooker. Top with remaining cheese, cover and set on low to keep warm.

Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

I make this recipe, but up the amount of hot sauce to 1 1/3 cups.  It's a great dip! 

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter, thanks for the tip. I will make a note of it in my file, as I like hot 'n spicy. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

BAKED CRAB DIP

2- 8oz boxes of cream cheese

1 medium onion grated

1 lb crab meat

1/2 tea. prepared mustard

1/2 tea. Worcestershire sauce

salt to taste

mix together with mixer, place in oven safe casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

This is really delicious and is good served warm or cold.  I am always asked to bring it to parties and get togethers.

I have also made it with only 1/2 lb crabmeat and it is very good made that way too.