Frequent Contributor

does anyone have measurments for green bean casserole for one person

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because

Respected Contributor

"Sad post"? Please. Let people live as they live without judgement. Who are you to judge "sad"?

Just reduce green bean casserole in half. I'm sure you will want leftovers. Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

I make this "famous green bean casserole" (or a healthier green bean dish) every Thanksgiving. 

This year we are staying home due to Covid (no regrets, just trying to stay healthy in our 70s).  I will half the recipe, since DH does not eat green beans, and use a 1 quart Corningware casserole dish.  In a pinch, I have purchased Green Giant frozen green bean casserole, but added more cooked green beans and seasonings.

Valued Contributor

@cinderford wrote:

does anyone have measurments for green bean casserole for one person

Just buy frozen Stouffers Brand

Esteemed Contributor

INGREDIENTS:

• 4 oz                 1 (16 oz.) pkg frozen French cut 
  •                          green beans, thawed or 1/2 can.
  • ¼ can               1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 Tbsp             ½ c. milk
  • ¼ tsp                1 tsp. soy sauce
  •  Shake              1/8 tsp. pepper
  • Scant                1/8 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/3 c                1 1/3 c. French's Fried Onions

INSTRUCTIONS:

Thaw green beans completely and drain very well.

In a mixing bowl, combine soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, garlic powder, and 1/3 of the French Fried Onions. Stir until well combined.   

Fold in drained green beans.

Spoon mixture into a 1/2-quart baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
Top with remaining French's Fried Onions.

Bake at 350℉ for about 35 minutes until casserole is bubbling around the edges. I would try 20 mins.  Test.

Measurements do not have to be exact to be great!

Enjoy your casserole!  Use the other beans later for a meal.

I would probably double that (or half the larger recipe) 'cause I could eat it again, easily!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you are cooking!

Alone doesn't always mean lonely!

Frequent Contributor

There will be so many people today, covid19, eating alone or without close family. Don't pay any attention to the mean posters.

I love green bean casserole. It's easy to just cut the recipe in half. 

Honored Contributor

It was not meant as judgment, but sympathy if OP has to spend the day alone.  

Respected Contributor

@cinderford   So nice of @Zhills to provide the 1/4  recipe list for you on the left side of the Green bean Casserole she posted for you.

If you are making this for yourself for Thanksgiving are you looking for any other traditional recipe adjustments, or ideas for store bought smaller portions?   Among all of us I'm sure we can help provide ideas/recipes if you need them.  Let us know. 

For instance, Edwards brand pie sells half pies which you can find in the freezer case.  They are pretty good.  I love their Key Lime pie.  

Some of the supermarket in-house bakeries sell half cakes and I know Safeway chain here in DC sell generous slices of cake in those plastic shell packs.  Not sure about pie.

It will just be Significant Other and I together for Thanksgiving this year; no family or grandchildren gathering even though we are all in DC.  He will want the meal around noon or one.  So, by late afternoon/early evening he will likely go to bed after we clean up and put the food away.

I will be up and around since I am a night owl.  If you want to have a general chat, come onto Community Chat and I am certain you will find many of us to talk with at some point on Thanksgiving.

Regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@cinderford   So nice of @Zhills to provide the 1/4  recipe list for you on the left side of the Green bean Casserole she posted for you.

If you are making this for yourself for Thanksgiving are you looking for any other traditional recipe adjustments, or ideas for store bought smaller portions?   Among all of us I'm sure we can help provide ideas/recipes if you need them.  Let us know. 

For instance, Edwards brand pie sells half pies which you can find in the freezer case.  They are pretty good.  I love their Key Lime pie.  

Some of the supermarket in-house bakeries sell half cakes and I know Safeway chain here in DC sell generous slices of cake in those plastic shell packs.  Not sure about pie.

It will just be Significant Other and I together for Thanksgiving this year; no family or grandchildren gathering even though we are all in DC.  He will want the meal around noon or one.  So, by late afternoon/early evening he will likely go to bed after we clean up and put the food away.

I will be up and around since I am a night owl.  If you want to have a general chat, come onto Community Chat and I am certain you will find many of us to talk with at some point on Thanksgiving.

Regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435 What a very nice, thoughtful post. And I love Edward's Key Lime pie too and appreciate the smaller size.