Esteemed Contributor

Re: What kind of potato dishes recipes do you have to share?

@DeeJoyce  Thanks for reminding me of these potatoes. 

I used to make them a lot but somehow forgot about them. Potatoes, onions and butter, what more does a girl need?

Respected Contributor

Sour Cream Potatoes 

Large package frozen hash browns (with onions and peppers optional)

2 cans cream of potato soup

1/2 pound shredded cheddar cheese 

1 pint sour cream

Grease 9x13 pan and layer ingredients in above order. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.

Super Contributor

My family likes "PARTY REFRIGERATOR POTATOES"

9 large potatoes (5 #s)

6 oz cream cheese

1 cup sour cream

2 t onion salt

1 t salt

1/4 t pepper

2 T butter

Cook peeled potatoes in boiling water until teonder.  Drain.  Mash smooth and add remaining ingredients and beat until light and fluffy.  Cool, cover and place in refrigerator.  Use any time.  Or  After beating ingredients into potatoes, place in slow cooker and heat on low until ready to sersve.

Valued Contributor

I love potatoes any way they are prepared. I have a recipe that I cook either in the oven or on the grill

Potatoes, diced 

onion, diced

bacon, diced

Put these in a foil packet sprayed with Pam. Place dots of butter over the top and grill. Depends on how much I make to determine the time, but usually 30-45 min works. Or in the oven I bake them about an hour or til potatoes are fork tender. Sometimes I add shredded cheese before I cook them
cookin

Honored Contributor

Outside of potato salad I don't worry much about potato recipes.  DH would rather have tater tots with just about everything.  He would have them for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter if he could.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

None to share. Which is really odd from what I read.  OK one.  Wash and scrub a russet potato and put it in the oven at 350 or above until the skin gets really really really crispy and the inside fluffy, break open, salt and eat!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trucker daughters favorite way to eat potatoes is what she calls Oven Taters:  preheat oven to 425.   Peel and cut potatoes in big bite size chunks.  Rinse and drain.  Pour into large bowl.  Drizzle liberally with oil.  We season with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and paprika.  Stir well to coat, and pour onto non stick metal baking sheet.  Bake 30 minutes and turn.  Bake another 20-30 minutes.  Potatoes should be  brown and ready at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop ...Your Trucker Daughter's recipe for Oven Taters sounds very good...I love the combination of the various seasonings that she uses...I'm sure they are very tasty...I've taken down the recipe and look forward to enjoying them.

I've been browsing the Recipes forum this evening and am finding some really good Summer Pasta recipes also.

Thanks for sharing!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner ...Same here except I love Sweet Potatoes, so I bake them and then open them up and add a little butter and cinnamon and enjoy...Sometimes I just have this for lunch at times, as I tend to be a light eater...more of a grazer actually.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor